• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread - Belk Bowl

Folks come on. Wake isn’t going to Orange bowl.
giphy.gif

I think about that FSU loss just about every day. We handed them that game on a silver platter. We’d be 8-3 and having a legitimate shot at Orange bowl.

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread

Fuck you Belk bowl - we're going to the Orange Bowl. What do we need to happen? I would imagine that UVa needs to beat VT. And obviously we need to beat Duke. Could end up with Wake, State, VT, and UL at 8 wins. Obviously UNC over State and UK over UL would help. Maybe a big Wake win and a big VT loss would work. Oh yeah, I guess we also need Clemson to barely beat UM in a great game.

So we win and who has to lose for this scenario? State again and Virginia Tech?

Yes. But only because it increases the possibility we could sneak into the CFP rankings.

We need plenty of teams to lose at the top and bottom of the CFP rankings.

If we were 8-3, we would probably be projected to make the OB.

Our chances look very good to make the OB, Jax, Orlando, or Charlotte.

Last edited:
For Wake to be in the Orange Bowl - (1) Miami and Clemson both have to be in the playoff, and (2) Wake has to be the next best ACC team

I think that means all of the following will need to happen...

(1)
Miami beats Pitt
Clemson beats USC
Alabama beats Auburn

Clemson beats Miami and must be close
Alabama beats Georgia
TCU (or other B12 team) beats OU (and close game if it's TCU so TCU doesn't jump Miami)

(2)
Wake beats Duke
NC State loses to UNC
Va Tech loses to UVA

From what I've read, we need to be the best available team after the CFP team(s) to make the OB. It's unclear how they'd measure that if there isn't a 3rd team in the CFP rankings. I don't think we'll sneak in there. VT might. They barely missed the AP Top 25. I'm not sure we make the CFP rankings at 8-4.

Root for Utah to beat UW right now. Every bit helps.

Hopefully the H2H win over State would be enough to give us the boost if we're both 8-4. We have other things going for us over them -- played a harder conference schedule (State got the two shittiest teams from the Coastal -- Pitt and UNC), played ND much closer than they did in the same venue.

Of course, they can point to things themselves -- harder non-conference schedule (granted, they lost to both ND and the Gamecocks), beat FSU on the road while we lost to them at home. And I do worry the committee might hold them in higher regard with them getting off to such a strong start whereas we kind of came up on the rails.

VT would get the nod at 9-3 I'd imagine, even though they're from the shittier division and didn't have to play ND. Did get Clemson from the other division but their best win is West Virginia. Meh

Last edited:
We beat NC St and Miami and Clemson won. Steps 1-3 of the 15 step process of getting us to the OB are complete!

I think about that FSU loss just about every day. We handed them that game on a silver platter. We’d be 8-3 and having a legitimate shot at Orange bowl.

This. At that time, I don't think our team realized it had every reason to beat FSU. That game was ours for the taking.

If this team goes to the Orange Bowl they’ll get throttled by Oklahoma or tOSU.

College football news has us playing Arizona in the Sun Bowl.

If this team goes to the Orange Bowl they’ll get throttled by Oklahoma or tOSU.

Cant play a Big 12 team in the Orange Bowl, would be an SEC or Big 10 team (committee would probably avoid a rematch with Notre Dame). OSU would have to lose to Wisconsin yet stay high in the standings, as the Big 10 champ also can not go to the Orange Bowl if it misses the playoffs (by contract, they would be placed in the Peach, Fiesta, or Cotton Bowl in years that the Rose is a semi).

Belk Bowl twitter had pictures from WS and Columbia SC. I would really like to play USC in the Belk Bowl. I have family there.

Why do people think Clemson and Miami are both going to the CFP when they play each other in the ACCCG?

I understand it’s possible with some insane stuff happening in the other conferences, but Clem/UM will be a CFP play-in game with the loser falling to the OB.

It wouldn't take a bunch of insane stuff happening.

Ohio State wins the Big 10
Oklahoma loses in the Big 12

Clemson beats Miami

I would think that both would have a good chance of getting under this scenario.

Back