• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread - Belk Bowl

If this team goes to the Orange Bowl they’ll get throttled by Oklahoma or tOSU.

Would not predict a victory, but WF would score points on anyone. Oklahoma would be a ridiculous shootout. That said, very unlikely WF goes to the OB.

The loser of Miami-Clemson will likely drop out of the top 4, unless THE Ohio State trounces Wisconsin. An undefeated Wisconsin will move into the top 4, replacing the Miami-Clemson loser. IMO.

Name shittier bowl locations than El Paso and Shreveport. Boise perhaps?

Cant play a Big 12 team in the Orange Bowl, would be an SEC or Big 10 team (committee would probably avoid a rematch with Notre Dame). OSU would have to lose to Wisconsin yet stay high in the standings, as the Big 10 champ also can not go to the Orange Bowl if it misses the playoffs (by contract, they would be placed in the Peach, Fiesta, or Cotton Bowl in years that the Rose is a semi).

Whatever. They’ve looked terrible against both top ten teams they played this year.

If Ohio State beats wisconsin, I can see a 1-loss Miami getting in. Need Bama to win out.

It wouldn't take a bunch of insane stuff happening.

Ohio State wins the Big 10
Oklahoma loses in the Big 12

Clemson beats Miami

I would think that both would have a good chance of getting under this scenario.

And while Oklahoma losing would certainly help, I don't think it would be a necessity.

Probably the better thing than OU losing would be Alabama winning out to take care of any chance the SEC gets two teams

If this team goes to the Orange Bowl they’ll get throttled by Oklahoma or tOSU.

Weird things happen in bowl games all the time.

Our motivation levels for the game would be off the charts compared to our opponent

CBS, College Football News, SB Nation, all have us playing AZ in the Sun Bowl in the armpit of TX

There's absolutely zero possibility that UK is going to be in the Belk Bowl - the Belk Bowl is the exact same date and time as the UK Louisville basketball game on CBS. The tv ratings for both would be hurt.

Sun Bowl might not be in best place, but it’s a good bowl with a lot of history.

Could Deacs possibly hook up with Gamecocks in say Gator Bowl?

This morning's ESPN projections have us in Charlotte vs. UK

Still too far out to say for sure I think

There's absolutely zero possibility that UK is going to be in the Belk Bowl - the Belk Bowl is the exact same date and time as the UK Louisville basketball game on CBS. The tv ratings for both would be hurt.

This is important information.

VT-UVa is big for us. If UVa wins, it helps our longshot at the OB. If VT wins, it keeps UVa in the 6 win slot and they can't jump us if we get 8 wins.

I would focus a little less on the Orange Bowl possibilities.

It's a longshot but it's still out there.

Kind of torn—would really like to go play the Gamecocks in Charlotte. That would be a lot of fun. But also think it would be really cool for the Deacs to play in the Sun Bowl. Our record against the Pac-12 in bowl games is pretty strong...

This is important information.

VT-UVa is big for us. If UVa wins, it helps our longshot at the OB. If VT wins, it keeps UVa in the 6 win slot and they can't jump us if we get 8 wins.
Yeah, Kentucky is a near lock for the Liberty Bowl right now, unless something weird happens in the SEC.

Back