• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread - Belk Bowl

Will we have to wait until the conference championship games are completed to learn our fate?

The official invites won't go out until next Sunday, after the NY6 games are announced. Typically, however, most teams have a pretty good idea of where they are going before the conference championship games, but any upset could cause a chain reaction, so the ACC bowls usually don't make the official invites until Sunday afternoon.

Which means those whores at the Tax Slayer Bowl will probably invite them, causing us to drop down to the Independence Bowl, since we went to the Military last year.

That is what I am terrified of. I thought we were in the clear until I remembered FSU has 1 more game to play which could get them to 6-6.

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread

Part of me thinks it would be a good thing to get knocked down to the lousiest low-tier bowl possible. Maybe then we won’t get “out played, out coached” and everything else that Clawson said today in the postgame the next time we have that opportunity.

I think we should just shut the football program down.

Part of me thinks it would be a good thing to get knocked down to the lousiest low-tier bowl possible. Maybe then we won’t get “out played, out coached” and everything else that Clawson said today in the postgame the next time we have that opportunity.

I like the way you’re thinking DeacLaw.

I still am optimistic for Charlotte. I posted it before but it would be three times in six years if NC State or Louisville were selected which I have to believe means something to the bowl people. If not that then El Paso which I certainly wouldn't attend but would still be a good bowl against an opponent we rarely if ever have played.

Still can't believe we pissed away a chance to be ranked and in a tier 1 bowl.

I think we should just shut the football program down.

I get that some people are overreacting, but today's game is the type we need to win to take the next step as a program. Team should have taken care of business today. Some criticism is warranted.

Sat right behind team. No energy. No players or coaches trying to get guys going. Would have loved to see any life from anyone that was playing. And it definitely translated to field.

Dortch showed a bit. Constantly trying to keep spirits up after bad drives. Really excited to get him back next year. Also loved Hinton trying to throw a nasty stiff arm. Guy plays with attitude.

I don’t understand Cortez. Hes obviously WR5. But during offense, he sits on bench with helmet off instead of hearing play call, ready to go in if injured. He plays hard on kickoff coverage, always first one down. He looks to be all but gone after this year.

I get that some people are overreacting, but today's game is the type we need to win to take the next step as a program. Team should have taken care of business today. Some criticism is warranted.

Excellent post. It’s been a really good season, but today was an opportunity to have made it a great season and we blew it. A lot to be proud of this season, more dominating wins in one season then I can remember, 4-4 ACC record, 4-2 division record, wins over Louisville and State, first ever win at Carrier Dome. However, 8-4 against our schedule would’ve been an awesome achievement and we missed the opportunity to say we were the premier program in the State this year as we often did under Grobe. Kind of like that round of golf where you play great for 17 holes, but triple 18. You still shot a good round, but it could’ve been great and the finish just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. We may win or lose the bowl game, but I bet our guys will be play their butts off to get that taste out of their mouths.

Sat right behind team. No energy. No players or coaches trying to get guys going. Would have loved to see any life from anyone that was playing. And it definitely translated to field.

Dortch showed a bit. Constantly trying to keep spirits up after bad drives. Really excited to get him back next year. Also loved Hinton trying to throw a nasty stiff arm. Guy plays with attitude.

I don’t understand Cortez. Hes obviously WR5. But during offense, he sits on bench with helmet off instead of hearing play call, ready to go in if injured. He plays hard on kickoff coverage, always first one down. He looks to be all but gone after this year.

That was my biggest concern coming into today. If anything, I think getting out to a 2 touchdown lead made it even worse. No excuse and hopefully the players and coaches will learn from this and realize you’ve got to be ready to play every time out.

Football is an emotional game. I think Wake began believing the hype a bit and saw Duke as a breather after so many tough games in a row.

Not an excuse but a pretty human response that tends to get a lot of teams at some point. Wake being the favorite playing at home was a different experience. Most likely they will learn from it for next year.

Still a very good season.

Football is an emotional game. I think Wake began believing the hype a bit and saw Duke as a breather after so many tough games in a row.

Not an excuse but a pretty human response that tends to get a lot of teams at some point. Wake being the favorite playing at home was a different experience. Most likely they will learn from it for next year.

Still a very good season.

The next step for the program is to now win these types of games. No one maintains a high level for 12 games; you just hope whatever level you bring that day is good enough to beat whoever you play. Ours wasn't today. Despite today's loss, this is one of the rare Wake teams that didn't regress as the season went. Hopefully we get a good match-up and win the bowl game to make it a great season.

Now Notre Dame is going to lose and further screw up our bowl possibilities. If they are left out of the NY 6, then we will say hello Shreveport.

Hopefully it will be a lesson learned.

Back