• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread - Belk Bowl

The bowls in tier 1 SEC put in their top 3 and then it is negotiated with the SEC and the schools.

I don't see UK getting placed in a bowl at the same time their elite basketball team plays its biggest rival.

Since we will not be bubble watching this Feb/March, thought it would be fun today/tomorrow for Orange Bowl longshot.
Must:
Miami beat Pitt
Viirginia beat Va Tech

Need:
UCF beat USF (USF #19 in one poll, would probably be in CFP 25 with win)

Long shot but not needed:
New Mexico beat SD St (think we pass SD St anyways in CFP with Duke win)

Since we will not be bubble watching this Feb/March, thought it would be fun today/tomorrow for Orange Bowl longshot.
Must:
Miami beat Pitt
Viirginia beat Va Tech

Need:

Need Alabama to beat Auburn

Would be nice for Michigan to beat OSU.

Need Alabama to beat Auburn

Would be nice for Michigan to beat OSU.

Absolutely! There will be a whole list of games tomorrow that could have implications. Just today's list above.

Must:
Miami beat Pitt
Viirginia beat Va Tech

Need:

Well, the first on your “must” list looks unlikely as they start the 4th qtr with Pitt up by 10.

Never mind, dream is over by 3:15 on Friday. Almost as quick as the basketball season being over by November 10th/14th. Oh well, beat Duke! (And now we root for Va Tech tonight I guess)

Wouldn't say its completely 100% done yet but we would need some craziness and absolutely a Miami win over Clemson. 3-loss Big Ten champ in O$U with bama winning out? Bama winning out and TCU beating Okla?

Clem wouldn't be a lock to be a playoff team under either of those scenarios but they'd be in the discussion

You know how they say “never say never”? I’m sayin never. Buh bye, Orange Bowl.

It’s the Wake Forest effect. ND celebrates beating Wake too long and sucks against Miami. Miami can’t get over beating an ND team that beat Wake, and sucks against Pitt.

So we're not going to the Orange Bowl.

This year :umkc:

If everything breaks our way there may be a scenario or two where we're Orlando bound, but probably safe to start making Charlotte travel plans at this point

Pretty sure this is the time Wake and Duke have gone bowling in the same season.

Notre Dame game tonight is big. Important they stay in the New Years 6 and don’t enter the ACC bowl process and bump everyone down a rung.

Alabama winning would help too

Hoping for Nashville now? But that would max out the ACC teams they are allowed to take for next 3 years. Probably Sun bowl? I think Belk is likely out.

Last edited:
CFP- Clemson
Orange-Miami
Orlando-VT
Belk- NCSU
Sun- WFU
Music City- Louisville
Pin Stripe-BC
Military-Duke
Independence-Virginia

I hope the coaching staff and players didn't spend all week thinking about bowl scenarios. I hope so. Because it looked like they did.

Back