• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread - Belk Bowl

Relax people, we're going to wind up in Charlotte.

Also, the athletic department is encouraging fans to tweet at the Belk Bowl and let them know how excited they are at the possibility of Wake playing in the bowl. So, go for it ! @belkbowl

Big 12
2012/2013 Texas Alamo
2004/2005 West Virginia Gator Bowl

Duke to Detroit
UVA to Military
BC to Independence
FSU to Gator Bowl [TaxSlayer]
NC State to Pinstripe
Wake to Belk Bowl
Notre Dame to Cotton Bowl
Virginia Tech to Camping World
Louisville to Sun
Miami/Clemson to Orange
Clemson/Miami to CFP

It's nearly impossible for ND to make the Cotton Bowl and if FSU wins this weekend they're almost certainly going to Shreveport.

Big 16
Nebraska 2009/2010 Alamo, 2012/2013 Capital One
Minnesota 2006/2008/2009 Insight Bowl
Wisconsin 2006/2007 Capital One, 2008/2009 Champs Sports

would a Doeren-less State team generate a bigger or smaller crowd in Charlotte, or would that not affect anything?

would a Doeren-less State team generate a bigger or smaller crowd in Charlotte, or would that not affect anything?

I don't think Doeren is going anywhere. He's using that as leverage to get a better deal from State, I think.

I don't think Doeren is going anywhere. He's using that as leverage to get a better deal from State, I think.

Perhaps, but I think UT has become desperate and will overpay whoever they hire. It would be hard to say no to a couple extra million.

Relax people, we're going to wind up in Charlotte.

Also, the athletic department is encouraging fans to tweet at the Belk Bowl and let them know how excited they are at the possibility of Wake playing in the bowl. So, go for it ! @belkbowl

Off-topic, but I wonder what percentage of Wake fans are active on Twitter, given the age demo of those that typically attend games.

Off-topic, but I wonder what percentage of Wake fans are active on Twitter, given the age demo of those that typically attend games.

That’s not just a Wake demographic trend. The youths are active though.

Too far down in the CFP rankings, which determine the New Year's Six bowls. If TCU were to lose and fall out of the top 15, Washington -- who isn't playing this weekend -- is ahead of ND and ready to claim the last spot.

It's dumb b/c ND's SOS on Sag is 3 and Wash's is 57, and ND has way better wins. But whatcha gonna do

Too far down in the CFP rankings, which determine the New Year's Six bowls. If TCU were to lose and fall out of the top 15, Washington -- who isn't playing this weekend -- is ahead of ND and ready to claim the last spot.

It's dumb b/c ND's SOS on Sag is 3 and Wash's is 57, and ND has way better wins. But whatcha gonna do

All true. But this could do one of 2 things:
1-Show how much actual pull the ND name has with the committee to make sure they get themselves ranked to pull themselves high enough for the Cotton, or
2-Get their sorry asses of their butts and into the ACC full bore so that they are not left out of all the cotton candy being in a conference gives them

If ND jumps Washington when neither team played a game it just shows the CFP committee is a complete and absolute joke. Literally no reason at all for ND to jump Washington if they weren't already in front of them (which you can certainly debate they should be).

If ND jumps Washington when neither team played a game it just shows the CFP committee is a complete and absolute joke. Literally no reason at all for ND to jump Washington if they weren't already in front of them (which you can certainly debate they should be).

Sure there is. IF teams Washington or ND beat or lost to play this week and win or lose, it strengthens or weakens UW or ND resumes.

I guess the Pac 12 game would be the most important for Washington v. ND as the last spot, but it seems to me to be a wash.

ND pummeled USC and lost to Stanford
USC already beat Stanford earlier this year
Washington lost to Stanford and didn't play USC.

Back