• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

My airplane go to is a bloody mary. I am guessing 72.6% of the bloody marys I have had in my lifetime are on a plane or in an airport. Same for Frescas.

Do you bring your own mix and just ask for vodka? Because there's no way in hell an airline carries a decent BM mix.

It’s not like the red is from Bordeaux. I’m not above white on a plane when it’s really hot.

Also leebs - you’re fairly tall right? You might have some not ideal circulation that only reveals itself on long flights. I got up in the middle of a red eye feeling like you did. Tried to get to the lab but fell down in the aisle and thought i had found the answer to my issue. I then woke up with all the lights on and the FAs dragging me down the aisle by my wrists. EMTs met the flight and gave me an EKG - they said nothing was wrong with me except my circulation wasn’t good. Sitting on a plane your blood pools up if you’re tall. Go to sleep and it’s worse. So I woke up and passed out. The answer is to get up every hour or two and stretch your legs for a minute. Or get a lie-flat bed in F.

Anyway there’s my share for the day.

I'm 5'8" - taller than average woman, but not Amazonian. I do have shitty circulation (Reynauds), but I usually fly without issues (other than feet swelling, so I wear diabetes socks like a champ). Based on everything going on, it was definitely internal/intestinal duress.

My airplane go to is a bloody mary. I am guessing 72.6% of the bloody marys I have had in my lifetime are on a plane or in an airport. Same for Frescas.

I know exactly where you are coming from. 95% of the Bloody Mary cocktails that I have had have been on an airplane.

Fun fact: one can of bloody mary mix on an airplane has 62% of your daily recommended sodium. That's basically like drinking two cans of Campbell's tomato soup.

Just boarded a short flight directly behind a family of 5. 3 kids all pre-kindergarten age. Dad says the baby slept thru the previous flight. Uh oh.

I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with white wine.

Bud Light might be the worst major beer of all time.

ETA: Tito's and ice is all you need on the plane.

Those of you crushing drinks on airplanes need to invest in a few of these:

rDdbL8Vzt3_w-p-design_sugarfina_carry_on_cocktail_kit_0_original.jpg

Anybody ever bring mini bottles onto planes? Is the rule that you can bring them on but not drink your own, I believe? The only time I've ever done this was on the way to spring break in Jamaica one year.

Anybody ever bring mini bottles onto planes? Is the rule that you can bring them on but not drink your own, I believe? The only time I've ever done this was on the way to spring break in Jamaica one year.

That's what we were told (presuming they fit in your 3-1-1 bag). However, we just waited until the flight attendants weren't looking and poured them into soda or whatever.

Whenever I fly Delta international I make sure to get a few Woodfords with each drink order since they run out. If I have extras I put in my backpack and if coming back to the US and going through security again I've never had an issue.

Whenever I fly Delta international I make sure to get a few Woodfords with each drink order since they run out. If I have extras I put in my backpack and if coming back to the US and going through security again I've never had an issue.

I know a few consultants who do this every flight they take in first class, even if they don't want a drink. They'll just pocket them and drink them on the golf course or at sporting events.

Calls into question the veracity of the whole story, doesn't it ?

You got a clock? I didn't get shit from American when I became a million miler other than lifetime gold status and some free miles.

Million miler on American didn't real mean much when they counted every single mile - including elite bonuses and credit card miles (such as sign up bonus) in addition to butt in seat and class bonuses. By the metric they used to use, ~2 years of weekly business travel + another 4 of infrequent business travel and leisure travel (mostly award travel) probably would have had me at least half way there.

Million miler on American didn't real mean much when they counted every single mile - including elite bonuses and credit card miles (such as sign up bonus) in addition to butt in seat and class bonuses. By the metric they used to use, ~2 years of weekly business travel + another 4 of infrequent business travel and leisure travel (mostly award travel) probably would have had me at least half way there.
What about now?

What about now?

The new rules have been in place as long as I have been traveling with any kind of consistency. My million miler balance is at ~150k. When you're buying high yield tickets on a AA credit card + have top status (so are earning a 100% bonus), you earn miles much, much faster than you fly them.

The new rules have been in place as long as I have been traveling with any kind of consistency. My million miler balance is at ~150k. When you're buying high yield tickets on a AA credit card + have top status (so are earning a 100% bonus), you earn miles much, much faster than you fly them.

Is there any tangible benefit other than lifetime status? I'm just barely ahead of you so it'll probably be a decade or more before I'm there. My work travel is rare and sporadic and i don't see that changing. And soon the bachelor party/wedding boom will have passed me by.

Back