• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Is there any tangible benefit other than lifetime status? I'm just barely ahead of you so it'll probably be a decade or more before I'm there. My work travel is rare and sporadic and i don't see that changing. And soon the bachelor party/wedding boom will have passed me by.

No, and Gold isn't really worth much either, especially not with how AA does upgrades (you have to earn the certificates by flying).

I moved from Dallas so UA is probably going to be my carrier of choice now that I'm back to business travel. I was hoping to do Southwest so I could get companion pass but their schedule here is not done with business travel in mind (lots of 10-11AM flights).

No, and Gold isn't really worth much either, especially not with how AA does upgrades (you have to earn the certificates by flying).

I moved from Dallas so UA is probably going to be my carrier of choice now that I'm back to business travel. I was hoping to do Southwest so I could get companion pass but their schedule here is not done with business travel in mind (lots of 10-11AM flights).

If you're not near a hub you have to wait until planes get to you in the morning.

If you're not near a hub you have to wait until planes get to you in the morning.

I mean, thanks, but it’s one of Southwest’s biggest operations. They just run it for leisure not business. They fly to pretty much the same destinations as UA, and it is a UA hub (Southwest doesn’t do hubs the same way as the legacies).

I’m surprised Love Field doesn’t have many early morning flights. That’s weird.

This says you moved FROM Dallas implying you are not close. Do you mean you are FLYING FROM Dallas?

I did a quick search and found 6 am flights to Atlanta and Baltimore/DC.

This says you moved FROM Dallas implying you are not close. Do you mean you are FLYING FROM Dallas?

I did a quick search and found 6 am flights to Atlanta and Baltimore/DC.

I do not live in Dallas anymore. I obviously am trying to avoid saying where I do live but you could probably figure it out off of what I have said if you wanted to.

Regardless, point is that Southwest is not an option for me most of the time even though they run a lot of flights out of my city.

never got the reclining hate. I'm 6' and its never anything I've noticed until I read the boards

As a dwarf, it sucks if you are trying to get work done on a laptop

Don't people have offices somewhere ?

Working on a plane is like going to Starbucks mid-morning and setting up your laptop and and complaining there are too many people in there and you're cramped and it's noisy and there are too many trophy wives with annoying kids.

Last edited:
Don't people have offices somewhere ?

Working on a plane is like going to Starbucks mid-morning and setting up your laptop and and complaining there are too many people in there and you're cramped and it's noisy and there are too many trophy wives with annoying kids.

This.

That’s completely different

No.

If you're so hard up to get work done that you need to do it on the plane, you accept that it's going to suck. The person in front of you doesn't owe you a slightly less uncomfortable work space.

If you're so hard up to get work done that you need to do it on the plane, you accept that it's going to suck. The person in front of you doesn't owe you a slightly less uncomfortable work space.

correct

I don't. The recline is so minimal I don't really get any benefit from it

Interesting. I do feel like some planes recline is signficantly more than others. The only times I don't are on short flights, or if I'm doing work/stuff on a laptop most of the flight, which is rare.

I'm 6'4". If I'm behind a recliner, I have to angle my legs at 45 degrees to fit in the seat. It sucks.

Back