• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

It took me 25 hours to get to Calgary from
GSO last year due to GSO losing power and having to reshuffle my connections. We went GSO-ATL-NYLAG-MON-CAL

No flight was longer than like 2-3 hours but it was a mega PITA

This seems really weird. Could you not have driven to CLT or RDU? CLT-ORD-CAL was fairly painless this year.

Longest flight to me was CLT - Santiago last year. For some reason, I was thinking it would be quicker than Europe flights. Flight time was like 9.5 hours plus some delays.

Longest for me was RDU -> Chicago -> Dublin. I slept most of the way so it wasn't a big deal.

I also did RDU -> Seattle -> Anchorage. Even though the flight was shorter, I recall it being more annoying than the Dublin flight. My wife thankfully booked us in the exit row seats both times so I wasn't cramped for the entire flight.

This seems really weird. Could you not have driven to CLT or RDU? CLT-ORD-CAL was fairly painless this year.

Longest flight to me was CLT - Santiago last year. For some reason, I was thinking it would be quicker than Europe flights. Flight time was like 9.5 hours plus some delays.

It was originally GSO-ORD-CAL but GSO not having power from 6-9AM meant we would’ve missed our connection in ORD. The three connections is what Delta ended up giving us. At least they bumped us to first class for half of the flights.

Longest for me was RDU -> Chicago -> Dublin. I slept most of the way so it wasn't a big deal.

I also did RDU -> Seattle -> Anchorage. Even though the flight was shorter, I recall it being more annoying than the Dublin flight. My wife thankfully booked us in the exit row seats both times so I wasn't cramped for the entire flight.

I did a 5:00 am MIA —> SEA —> ANC the morning after Wake got shellacked at Miami in the original Orange Bowl in 2005. I think the first leg is the longest flight you can take in the lower 48.

It took me 25 hours to get to Calgary from
GSO last year due to GSO losing power and having to reshuffle my connections. We went GSO-ATL-NYLAG-MON-CAL

No flight was longer than like 2-3 hours but it was a mega PITA

This is exactly why you book through Charlotte and not GSO. That's crazy, I have had so many problems flying out of GSO as well.

I rarely gave problems in GSO. Security is fast and I don’t have the 1.5hr drive of misery after I land.

I rarely gave problems in GSO. Security is fast and I don’t have the 1.5hr drive of misery after I land.

Exactly, 9/10 GSO is amazing. There aren’t any good restaurants or bars but I’m only there for like twenty min anyways. Charlotte gives you more options but if I’m flying early in the morning it means going down a day early and getting a hotel or staying with a buddy.

Anyone flown Allegiant Air before? I'm assuming its standard Frontier-type airline, but I booked a flight into Asheville on it, had legitimately never heard of the airline before.

60 Minutes did a story on them recently. Said they had sketchy and unsafe planes.

probably best to fly them right after a crash because statistically they probably won't have another that soon, right?

Exactly, 9/10 GSO is amazing. There aren’t any good restaurants or bars but I’m only there for like twenty min anyways. Charlotte gives you more options but if I’m flying early in the morning it means going down a day early and getting a hotel or staying with a buddy.

this. with PreCheck I clear security in less than 5 minutes. It's a little more expensive than Raleigh or Charlotte, but if you take into account the mileage and parking fees it pretty much cancels out the cost savings. at least they have a starbucks now.

By the way, I just caught up on the last few pages and the idea that it's legal to bring minibottles on planes is about to change my life forever (albeit possibly not for the better). The boards have come through for me again.

this. with PreCheck I clear security in less than 5 minutes. It's a little more expensive than Raleigh or Charlotte, but if you take into account the mileage and parking fees it pretty much cancels out the cost savings. at least they have a starbucks now.

it's pretty amazing when flying international and going through security how quick it takes but in the US we have to pay for priority access through pre-check. can't remember the last time I waited more than 10 minutes in Latin America or Europe.

though I have Global Entry (which, of course, comes with pre-check) and it is fantastic.

Anyone flown Allegiant Air before? I'm assuming its standard Frontier-type airline, but I booked a flight into Asheville on it, had legitimately never heard of the airline before.

I flew them for the first time this year. Overall the flight and experience was fine.

I’ve flown them before. It is what it is, a very cheap flight.

Back