• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

I’ve flown them before. It is what it is, a very cheap flight.

GSO is a third world airport.

I usually wait between 0 and 7-8 minutes for the Pre-Check line at CLT.

if there's a more useless upgrade than CLT-ATL I don't know what flight it is.

Flew Allegiant last year when my buddy did his bachelor weekend in Orlando. The flight down from Roanoke was cancelled because they could not pressurize the plane. We had tickets for Universal the next day and hotels reserved so we rented a car and made the drive down that night. The flight back was fine, except I was sitting exit row and I was freezing. There must not be much insulation on those old MD-80s, or what insulation is there is old and degraded.

Flew Allegiant last year when my buddy did his bachelor weekend in Orlando. The flight down from Roanoke was cancelled because they could not pressurize the plane. We had tickets for Universal the next day and hotels reserved so we rented a car and made the drive down that night. The flight back was fine, except I was sitting exit row and I was freezing. There must not be much insulation on those old MD-80s, or what insulation is there is old and degraded.

seems like most of the Allegiant planes out of Asheville are A320s. Will be interesting to see what happens now that Spirit is coming to AVL offering flights to several FL airports, including MCO rather than Sanford.

It was the only direct flight from Roanoke to the Orlando area, that's the only reason we took it. The Sanford airport seems kind of like a dead mall that happens to have an airport and only one airline. The other flights out the morning we flew back were going to places like Little Rock, AR, or Paducah, KY which struck me as odd for some reason.

CLTs Departures/Arrivals Terminal is a hot mess right now; I don't know if it's always been that way and I don't remember or it's just because of the new construction. Avoiding that alone is reason enough to fly out of GSO over CLT (I realize most flyers here are probably parking, but I hate having to pick my wife up at that terminal and/or having to get picked up by family where we usually stash our car for free). Super short terminal + Taxi Stand right in the middle sharing same lanes as cars (and shuttles at end) + Southern Drivers == a bad time.

Unethical tip: have them go upstairs and pick them up at departures.

Back