• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

how often do people get food at their departure/arrival airport? I might get a bottle of water, coffee, or snack from the news stand but that's about it. I'll eat during my layover if long enough.

If I am on a flight that leaves around 5pm and lands between 7p and 8pm, I usually grab a sandwich to throw in my bag.

Yea but if you fly into A terminal and have a connecting flight out of E it can be a long walk, but Charlotte is definitely an top tier airport.

Austin's airport is elite. The food options are straight up bangers.

no one connects to/from A as those are the non-American gates. I can count on zero hands the number of times I have taken an american flight out of A

no one connects to/from A as those are the non-American gates. I can count on zero hands the number of times I have taken an american flight out of A

Maybe I am thinking about B then? Wherever you come out near the Bojangles down there.

how often do people get food at their departure/arrival airport? I might get a bottle of water, coffee, or snack from the news stand but that's about it. I'll eat during my layover if long enough.

If you are flying a decent amount, it pays to use 1 main airline and get their credit card. I fly Delta, mainly, have the AMEX and 100% of the time I stop into the sky club or centurion lounge before flights or on layovers - they all have food and drinks and its an easy way to get shit done at the airport and enjoy it a bit. The cards have a fee, but its more than worth it if you are flying more than a couple of times a year.

On a brand new Delta 767 that has Delta One and Premium Select cabins (clearly a positioning thing, since it’s just a flight from ATL to MCO. I have no idea about the relative cost of Premium Select for the long haul flights on which it is offered, but I could see it being worth it. The seat pitch is comparable to first in a 757/737 and while the width is definitely smaller than a first class seat, it’s also wider than Comfort+/Main Cabin. It also has leg rests and decent recline (I’m in the last row before a bulkhead). Was #4 of 38 on the upgrade list for first as a Platinum Medallion - would have liked to check out the new Delta One lay flat seats.

On a brand new Delta 767 that has Delta One and Premium Select cabins (clearly a positioning thing, since it’s just a flight from ATL to MCO. I have no idea about the relative cost of Premium Select for the long haul flights on which it is offered, but I could see it being worth it. The seat pitch is comparable to first in a 757/737 and while the width is definitely smaller than a first class seat, it’s also wider than Comfort+/Main Cabin. It also has leg rests and decent recline (I’m in the last row before a bulkhead). Was #4 of 38 on the upgrade list for first as a Platinum Medallion - would have liked to check out the new Delta One lay flat seats.

I was flying to Amsterdam a few years ago and had bought Comfort+ but at the last minute they swapped our plane for a 777 with Premium Select and since the flight hadn't been selling PS seats they moved all the C+ up to PS. That was great for the overnight flight. I've also done American's premium economy on a flight from Miami to Santiago and I enjoyed that. Was nice also because there was no one in my row I so sat in the middle seat and had all kinds of space around me.

I flew Delta One out to Vegas last year for a work conference. Bought my ticket and then upgraded out of pocket. It was very nice.

The MARC/Amtrak train station is a 15-20 min shuttle from BWI. There is a Baltimore Link Tram stop right outside the terminal. At least BWI has cheap parking. I also find traffic to BWI usually better than traffic to Dulles.

Dulles Z, A, and B gates are pretty good, but the moon buggies from C & D gates are awful. DCA would be close to the best airport in the US if it weren't for Terminal A (where there is usually only one security line and no pre-check).

When you fly out of BWI from DC, it literally is planes, trains and automobiles.

You serious clark? American is in the new A gates now? I am trying to make EP this year in credit card spend because I’m hardly flying anywhere.
Serious! I just spent twenty minutes trying to track down the gate information for the flight but came up empty. But I can confirm that the same AA route landed at A4 in Charlotte yesterday.

Not sure if A4 is one of the "new" gates at A though.

You serious clark? American is in the new A gates now? I am trying to make EP this year in credit card spend because I’m hardly flying anywhere.

I flew American out of A last week as well.

dude next to me has a garmin gps suction cupped to the window and a slot machine phone game running while he watches a DVD on his laptop

Back