• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Once I had 1% of battery in my phone going through security and was worried it wouldn't make it so I stood in line next to an outlet charging for 5 minutes. Wish I had had a printed version. Good story.

People who travel with out a backup portable charger boggle my mind.

work related travel aside, people who need their devices so much they carry mobile chargers boggle my mind

work related travel aside, people who need their devices so much they carry mobile chargers boggle my mind

If you own/run your own company and are on call 24/7 it's sort of impossible to get away.

If you own/run your own company and are on call 24/7 it's sort of impossible to get away.

giphy.gif

ITC doesn’t even have enough status to not be a peon being bumped from a flight, do you really think he is important enough to need 24/7 email access?

what does your business do that requires 24/7 access? are you in charge of nuclear missile codes?

Apropos of nothing, I hate United. For scheduling reasons I have been flying from GSO through Chicago quite a bit. Last trip the plane got held up in ORD so left an hour late out of GSO and i ended up spending the night in a Sheraton and being late for my meetings. The time before that they lost my luggage in ORD for no good reason (was not a short connection). That was on the return leg (I never check bags on the outbound leg) but still a pain in the ass. Need to get back on Delta.

Those small planes suck - I move to the last row all the time in those planes, I love how instead of politely asking people, they get on the loudspeaker and say "We cannot move this plane until someone moves".

Also, non-related, I got upgraded to first class for my flight to Cincinnati next week - its a 7 AM flight, first class is worthless at 7 AM. No, I dont want that shitty egg wrap or yogurt, yes I will take a shitty cup of coffee. Basically, what I am saying, is that unlimited booze is the best perk.

I don't know - simply not feeling like you're in a cattle car with the way coach seats are configured is a pretty damn nice perk of first, booze or no booze.

These are almost the only perks of domestic F unless you’re flying transcon. And the free booze is pretty stupid when you consider that on most short flights you can’t drink more than 3 anyway so it’s $20 of value.

You people need to stay on topic. The obvious best thing about first class is some obese moron isn't sitting on top of you. I can guzzle booze when I get to my destination.

It's ridiculous how much American screws you on weekend travel with miles. Flying to Tampa for a wedding in March, and it would cost me 60,000 miles, when weekday travel the same week would cost 25,000. The price of the tickets are almost identical, so why are the miles so different?

It's ridiculous how much American screws you on weekend travel with miles. Flying to Tampa for a wedding in March, and it would cost me 60,000 miles, when weekday travel the same week would cost 25,000. The price of the tickets are almost identical, so why are the miles so different?

Because someone has already booked the cheaper award ticket.

New Rule: If you are not in an aisle seat and you get up more than once to piss during a domestic flight you are an asshole.

Doesn't make sense to me. The ticket price didn't go up over 100% because people booked tickets before me.

If enough people do it absolutely will. There’s a huge spread in ticket prices, even within coach, on every flight. It might feel more extreme with award tickets though because there isn’t any granularity (once the 25k point tickets are gone it jumps straight to 50k or whatever), but even with a revenue a ticket it is very possible that you are sitting next to someone who paid two or three times as much as you.

american almost bumped my wife, [lap] baby and I from our first flight because of a weight/balance issue, even though we checked in mid-way through the process and then changed (that is, split my wife and i into two separate rows) my purchased preferred seats on the connecting flight yesterday and tried to tell me "those were the seats I chose" when booking the flight, like i didn't have the confirmation right in front of me.

and the TSA of course pulled us out and searched our baby-bag/backpack b/c two mid-30s white people with a surly 18 mo old are planning to hijack an aged turboprop, apparently

oh, and the TSA agent made me pull my cash out of my money clip but leave the clip and cards in the little bowl. thanks, Obama

A strong amount of #whiteprivilege here. I dig.

Southwest has some new planes. At least 2 more inches of legroom on every seat. and there's a larger gap between seats. Flew from San Diego to Atlanta with 3 in my row, and I've never been more comfortable in a "coach" seat. 33 inches on "long haul" domestic flights.

By comparison, JetBlue is 34
Delta and American are 31
United is 30

Doesn't make sense to me. The ticket price didn't go up over 100% because people booked tickets before me.

Supply and demand.

Definitely consider flying Southwest to Tampa.

Supply and demand.

Definitely consider flying Southwest to Tampa.

Unfortunately, Southwest flights out of Charlotte are virtually non-existent. Basically like trying to find a unicorn to most places.

Just booked my first American Basic Economy ticket. Even with the $25 each way I'll have to pay to check a bag, it was still a good $200 cheaper than the Main Cabin alternative. I'm certainly not going to do that every time, and especially not when work is fronting the bill, but damn, that's a good deal for a last minute flight.

Back