• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

How about she does not understand complex finance, or the corporate tax code, and she further doesn't have a grasp of how much she doesn't understand. Is that better?

OK I guess I'm just totally missing what point you're ultimately trying to make here. AOC would likely be the first one to tell you she isn't an expert on any of these specific topics. But I don't think she was pretending to be or asking questions in a manner that indicated she had any expert knowledge on the subject.

What AOC does (and does well) is take inaccessible topics, such as potential methods to skirt the tax code and pay less in taxes or her famous "lightning round" on campaign finance, and try to boil them down to the basics so that ordinary, non-expert Americans can grasp exactly where there might be potential problems. The whole purpose of Congressional hearings (in an ideal world) is EXACTLY THAT. Bring in people who are experts in a field and then actually spend your allotted time asking them questions that allow the American people to understand what is going on when they otherwise would not.

so articles about stuff people troll her about on Twitter. people troll every tweet of hers or tweet at her with trolls, not newsworthy.

On news sites. Which makes them news. If you don't like it, take it up with Vox, Newsweek and the New Yorker. Either way, it was out there, if you follow the news.

How about she does not understand complex finance, or the corporate tax code, and she further doesn't have a grasp of how much she doesn't understand. Is that better?

You linked Bill Gates being ok with much of AOC's progressive ideas (including companies not pitting states against one another for subsidies!), with the one difference of opinion between the two being how to best tax the wealthy. AOC hasn't come up with any formal proposal as far as I know apart from suggesting a higher top marginal tax rate, something that plenty of other economists have suggested. Piketty, who Gates mentioned, has suggested 80% perhaps being the optimal rate in wealthy nations. I'm not an expert on finance or economy by any means, but I've read plenty of support for both higher marginal tax rate and higher inheritance tax, so it seems a bit harsh to call her dumb because of it.

On news sites. Which makes them news. If you don't like it, take it up with Vox, Newsweek and the New Yorker. Either way, it was out there, if you follow the news.

Fake news sites for lubes.

So it’s pretty obvious bym thought she went to an Ivy League school or that BU was an Ivy League school, hopefully it’s the former.

So it’s pretty obvious bym thought she went to an Ivy League school or that BU was an Ivy League school, hopefully it’s the former.

Yeah, pretty much. And that as a conservative rube, it was in my interests to troll about AOC.

I saw the comparison of rubes:AOC::Frollo:Esmeralda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame, and I think it’s pretty solid.

[explains joke]

When her dance video came out, conservatives saw her BU sweatshirt and said that she can't claim to be a working class person if she went to an Ivy League School.

[/explains joke]

She forgot to mention her dad was a partner at an architecture firm.

Must have been an oversight.

She forgot to mention her dad was a partner at an architecture firm.

Must have been an oversight.

375x500.249.jpg

It’s funny to see conservatives go back and forth between “LOL stupid poors!” and “She’s not poor enough!”

Back