• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

It helped a little. A little is better than harming which passing nothing would have done.

Disagree. Plus Omar already nailed it.

“Throwing more money at the very organizations committing human rights abuses—and the very Administration directing these human rights abuses—is not a solution," she said. "This is a humanitarian crisis—a humanitarian crisis inflicted by our own leadership. It's also a refugee crisis fueled by state violence, corruption, and impunity in the Northern Triangle--one that this Administration has only fueled through mass deportation and slashing aid."

And we're gonna get more mass deportations this week regardless.

For the Gen X and slightly older posters from non-Boomer generations, do you remember the generations older than Boomers being so terrified of boomers that they tried to sabotage them and keep them from gaining power? This seems like a fairly unique phenomenon. Boomers raised us telling us that we could be anything we wanted and yet when we try, they seem to put their hands on our heads and say, “whoa there skippy, go back to your avocado toast, we’re still in charge”

Disagree. Plus Omar already nailed it.

“Throwing more money at the very organizations committing human rights abuses—and the very Administration directing these human rights abuses—is not a solution," she said. "This is a humanitarian crisis—a humanitarian crisis inflicted by our own leadership. It's also a refugee crisis fueled by state violence, corruption, and impunity in the Northern Triangle--one that this Administration has only fueled through mass deportation and slashing aid."

And we're gonna get more mass deportations this week regardless.

And not doing anything would have made matters worse. There would have been less food, less toiletries and more repression.

Not doing the deal may have made the mass deportations even worse. We've seen how Trump reacts.

She's flat out wrong.

For the Gen X and slightly older posters from non-Boomer generations, do you remember the generations older than Boomers being so terrified of boomers that they tried to sabotage them and keep them from gaining power? This seems like a fairly unique phenomenon. Boomers raised us telling us that we could be anything we wanted and yet when we try, they seem to put their hands on our heads and say, “whoa there skippy, go back to your avocado toast, we’re still in charge”

The "Greatest Generation" threw many of our asses in jail for trying to change the world. You guys are getting off easy. It's hilarious that you think your actions are new or different.

You don't pay much attention. We've had our time. If you read what I have said, rather that I have said it, you would understand my biggest problem is that your generation doesn't take enough chances. This is so in everything from actually voting to music to starting businesses to all sorts of other things. You worry too much about not succeeding immediately. In life, as in basketball, the only shot you are guaranteed to miss is the one you don't take. You guys don't take enough shots.

We just wish you would put together actual plans not bumper stickers.

Many (maybe most) of us want to morph into universal healthcare, but we understand you can't change 1/5 or 1/6 of the entire US economy overnight. Not youngins, you want it now and if you can't have it you cry. Before you bitch about this, you should look around and see I've been the longest and loudest poster about moving towards eliminating private insurance companies delivering anything other than purely choice health services.

RJ, while that all may well and good, clearly you did not read the prompt at the beginning of my post explaining that boomers were not the target of my question.

And not doing anything would have made matters worse. There would have been less food, less toiletries and more repression.

Not doing the deal may have made the mass deportations even worse.
We've seen how Trump reacts.

She's flat out wrong.

giphy.gif

Also it’s hilarious that RJ thinks I am making a definitive assertion and calling me ignorant and not paying attention when I am literally asking a question and admitting that I don’t know the answer.

I love avocado, but for real, what am I missing with the whole avocado toast thing. It’s pretty meh.

Except us older guys like Mayor Pete and Kamala Harris.

Does anyone give up power without a fight? It's there for you to take. Go for it. Don't wimp out.

But be prepared for taking the power. Have rational plans in place. Eight years ago, ACA had about a 30% approval rating. It's now over 50% and growing. People now like the idea of a public option (which is the next step to universal).

It can't be all or nothing.

Regardless of the whiners, we've done our part. Take the power from us like we did from our parents and grandparents.

Except us older guys like Mayor Pete and Kamala Harris.

Does anyone give up power without a fight? It's there for you to take. Go for it. Don't wimp out.

But be prepared for taking the power. Have rational plans in place. Eight years ago, ACA had about a 30% approval rating. It's now over 50% and growing. People now like the idea of a public option (which is the next step to universal).

It can't be all or nothing.

Regardless of the whiners, we've done our part. Take the power from us like we did from our parents and grandparents.

Posts this. Complains about AOC doing exactly the above. K.

AOC Is Making Monetary Policy Cool (and Political) Again

Posts this. Complains about AOC doing exactly the above. K.

I complained about her calling Pelosi a racist. I complained about her not having any ability to understand that it is a process.

She needs to grow and learn. She's nowhere near ready for prime time. She's causing unnecessary problems for the people who would help her.

Good on AOC and Talib. The sooner people realize economists are largely full of shit, the better. The economy isn't just a few levers and buttons. It's also not some video game or an algorithm. They believe an "invisible hand" plays a bigger role than people's individual needs, desires, and behaviors.

I used to think the same thing. I use spicy guacamole. Game changer.

How does toast complement guacamole better than tortilla chips?

Last edited:
I love avocado, but for real, what am I missing with the whole avocado toast thing. It’s pretty meh.

Are you putting some pepper and garlic salt in there, a fried egg on top, and shredded parmesan-reggiano as the coup de grace?

no. boomers are unique.

Back