• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Saying I'm not supporting someone because of their race and age is the same thing. Parse if you want.

At literally no point in my post did I say that. YOU are reading that into my post. That is an RJ problem, not a me problem. If you genuinely believe that my post was calling you racist, I am sorry for you.

That being said, I am not going to derail this thread further.

hey dumbass, the tea party worked for republicans

Seriously. The reason why hate the tea party is their politics and that it worked. A liberal version of the tea party would be the most effective Democrats in my lifetime.

Her statements about Pelosi discriminating because age and color.

Pelosi fucking sucks and is everything that's wrong with the Democratic party. She needs to start impeachment proceedings and get out of the way of the younger generation who are actually talking about shit that's important, like ending the concentration camps. If she's not going to act then she needs to fuck off.

I think it’s a legitimate concern and not simple calculation for Dems moving forward—how to effect enduring positive change in governance. At this point the answer seems to necessarily involve defeating Pubs consistently at all levels over time. Obviously, Pubs feel the same wrt Dems with the main difference being generally sane/salutary ideas on one side (Dems in the opinion of this former Pub) and insane/insalutary ideas on the other, sadly.

I think Dems have lots of advantages—actually better and more popular ideas, a more diverse coalition (which can also be a weakness in some ways), and an opposition that maintains power mainly by lying and cheating.

At this point, I’m hoping Dems can find a way forward that is both successful, salutary and honest/honorable. I don’t really know the best “how” to accomplish this.

Pubs have proven beyond doubt to me that they have no interest in (or understanding of) truth or good governance or working with Dems. See the ACA, etc. We seem hopelessly descended into inevitable poisoned partisanship at this point—mainly due to Pub (RW) words/actions over the last 30 years or so. Including the “success” of the TP. So it’s tough to imagine Dem success moving forward that involves much, if any bipartisanship. Or real/enduring success that doesn’t involve either actual bipartisanship or a more successful (and honest) messaging that wins the minds of more “moderate” folks not truly committed to some weird blend of authoritarian racist hyper-nationalistic pseudo-conservative libertarianish jingoistic bullshit.

Jesus, it’s likely we’re fucked and destined to flounder and squander our opportunities and blessings (advantages/resources) until we face some external threat (crisis/catastrophe) that is widely recognized that compels ‘mericans to come together.

*sigh*

People.

/rant.

I think it’s a legitimate concern and not simple calculation for Dems moving forward—how to effect enduring positive change in governance. At this point the answer seems to necessarily involve defeating Pubs consistently at all levels over time. Obviously, Pubs feel the same wrt Dems with the main difference being generally sane/salutary ideas on one side (Dems in the opinion of this former Pub) and insane/insalutary ideas on the other, sadly.

I think Dems have lots of advantages—actually better and more popular ideas, a more diverse coalition (which can also be a weakness in some ways), and an opposition that maintains power mainly by lying and cheating.

At this point, I’m hoping Dems can find a way forward that is both successful, salutary and honest/honorable. I don’t really know the best “how” to accomplish this.

Pubs have proven beyond doubt to me that they have no interest in (or understanding of) truth or good governance or working with Dems. See the ACA, etc. We seem hopelessly descended into inevitable poisoned partisanship at this point—mainly due to Pub (RW) words/actions over the last 30 years or so. Including the “success” of the TP. So it’s tough to imagine Dem success moving forward that involves much, if any bipartisanship. Or real/enduring success that doesn’t involve either actual bipartisanship or a more successful (and honest) messaging that wins the minds of more “moderate” folks not truly committed to some weird blend of authoritarian racist hyper-nationalistic pseudo-conservative libertarianish jingoistic bullshit.

Jesus, it’s likely we’re fucked and destined to flounder and squander our opportunities and blessings (advantages/resources) until we face some external threat (crisis/catastrophe) that is widely recognized that compels ‘mericans to come together.

*sigh*

People.

/rant.

Well said.

Pelosi fucking sucks and is everything that's wrong with the Democratic party. She needs to start impeachment proceedings and get out of the way of the younger generation who are actually talking about shit that's important, like ending the concentration camps. If she's not going to act then she needs to fuck off.

TITCR. Pelosi needs to fuck right off and get out of the way. She's just a hindrance and Trump et al. are using her to their benefit.

Of course, if more funding is approved and put into the hands of Trump's administration it will funnel up to the owners of the private agencies providing shit and they'll still be motivated to make them poor folks tryin' to seek asylum and have a better life as miserable as possible.

Either way, no matter what, Pubs is a'goin' ta do shitty things and blame Dems.

Of course, if more funding is approved and put into the hands of Trump's administration it will funnel up to the owners of the private agencies providing shit and they'll still be motivated to make them poor folks tryin' to seek asylum and have a better life as miserable as possible.

Either way, no matter what, Pubs is a'goin' ta do shitty things and blame Dems.

Right. That’s the #1 guarantee of politics.

A) it is a manufactured crisis of the Trump administration's making.

B) The Trump administration proposed cutting funding for these facilities to build a wall. Not to mention the "take care of Americans first!" narrative going around.

C) wwjd? Play politics?

As to C- WWJD- I'm guessing even in his late seventies Jesus would still hit a liner to right center. Jesus Alou was a nice hitter.

What’s a demographic box canyon? Would a GOP operative vote for the same candidate as the minority of white men and majority of minorities?

Back