• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

I also blame the media for poisoning boomer brains.

MSNBC
"The party is going too far left" says Clare McKaskill who lost in 2018 to a candidate further left in a state whose ballot initiative was a higher minimum wage.

NYT
Bret Stephens and Liz Mair grading the debates.

CNN
Framing debate questions as "Why won't these policies work?" and bringing in Rahm and every flunkie GOP operative they can to tell Dems how to run.

I don't think any one is denying the numbers that some Bernie voters either switched teams or didn't vote at all during the general election. We are arguing that the DNC needed to do more to retain those voters and convince them that Hillary was either a better candidate or worth their time which they obviously didn't do it. Y'all are blaming Bernie voters for being disloyal, which I suppose is fair enough, but I am blaming Moderates in the DNC for not doing enough to win those votes. I, for one, don't think that a party owns its voters and the party should work to sell its political philosophy and convince people to support it.

I'll also say, anybody arguing that the Party should go moderate and nominate from the middle to attract mid-western rustbelters, while at the same time complaining that Bernie voters are disloyal, should probably redo their political calculations.

I think blaming Hillary AND Bernie bros is a far way to go.

The big problem is the Dems are run by people who haven’t gotten anything right in my lifetime. They’re just horrible at politics. They got lucky with Bill Clinton and Obama and squandered their momentum by running wooden Clinton-ites who lost to two of the dumbest nominees in our history.

The took the Obama coalition for granted in 2010 and 2014 and didn’t learn their lesson in 2016. They want to repeat the mistake now.

I also blame the media for poisoning boomer brains.

MSNBC
"The party is going too far left" says Clare McKaskill who lost in 2018 to a candidate further left in a state whose ballot initiative was a higher minimum wage.

NYT
Bret Stephens and Liz Mair grading the debates.

CNN
Framing debate questions as "Why won't these policies work?" and bringing in Rahm and every flunkie GOP operative they can to tell Dems how to run.

Sure but boomers are responsible for this type of media discourse.

Today's surprise grudge match - AOC vs Portnoy

Union leaders should be sprinting towards his office. They have him by the balls.

Barstool has devolved so quickly over the past couple of years. It's essentially just girls busting ass and dog videos now. Maybe a sports clip 1/10 posts.

barstool is horrible. shocked people still care about them...

lol of course, this is the logical extension of the rjkarl school of israeldem political thought

WTF are you talking about? I've opposed Netanhyahu for his entire political career.

And you've called for censuring Omar. Anyone leading the anti-BDS, "you can't criticize Israel" wing of the Dem party is part of this problem.

lol of course, this is the logical extension of the rjkarl school of israeldem political thought

That may please Trump's base, but I don't think it's going to help with anyone else, and I don't think it will help the Israeli government win any new friends from independents and Democrats. Of course, all Trump cares about is pleasing his base, so I guess he's happy at this decision from his buddy Netanyahu.

And you've called for censuring Omar. Anyone leading the anti-BDS, "you can't criticize Israel" wing of the Dem party is part of this problem.

This is such ignorant BS. I have criticized Israel dozens (if not hundreds) of times on this board.

Just because I am RJ doesn't mean you can make about lies about me. You've been doing this for years when you can't post anything reasonable.

This shows a tremendous lack of integrity and character on your part.

That may please Trump's base, but I don't think it's going to help with anyone else, and I don't think it will help the Israeli government win any new friends from independents and Democrats. Of course, all Trump cares about is pleasing his base, so I guess he's happy at this decision from his buddy Netanyahu.

Dem politicians are in the bag to Is real just as much as the Republicans.

This is such ignorant BS. I have criticized Israel dozens (if not hundreds) of times on this board.

Just because I am RJ doesn't mean you can make about lies about me. You've been doing this for years when you can't post anything reasonable.

This shows a tremendous lack of integrity and character on your part.

Do you think you should be banned from visiting Israel because of your criticisms of Israeli policies?

I'm not talking about your personal takes on Israel, I'm talking about your criticism of Omar.

Back