• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Sure. I do think Bernie supporters are partially to blame. The dispute seems to be the magnitude. Full disclosure I didn’t campaign for Hillary either and voted for/campaigned for Bernie in the primary. Of course my vote doesn’t matter in Massachusetts either for the general.

AND, Strick is ALWAYS right. No one should EVER think they could be correct as long as they don't kowtow to him.

Just ask him!!!

You always say “just ask him,” but never actually ask me/him anything.

I don't have to ask you. I fully understand I can't possibly be right about anything (unless I agree 10,000% with you) and you are never wrong.

Can we all at least admit that the Bernie supporters were not as invested in ensuring Donald was not elected as most democrats were and that this played a role in his election? I think that’s relatively clear.

Including the 10% that ended up voting Trump, or the 25% that didn't vote for Hilldawg.

But Nate Silver and some polls or something.

You always say “just ask him,” but never actually ask me/him anything.

Just because when you were orca fat no one liked you doesn't mean you need to act like an asshole the rest of your life.

Maybe you should try something new, read RJ's next five posts without seeing his name. Assume someone else posted them, you won't have the same Pavlovian response. Maybe that would your attitude in life.

What is SAD and HILARIOUS is that there's nothing hilarious or redeeming about your tired, pathetic act.

Including the 10% that ended up voting Trump, or the 25% that didn't vote for Hilldawg.

FWIW, while we're blaming demos:

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fniallmccarthy%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F11%2F20161109_Election.jpg

Using your numbers, the fact that the 18-29 didn't vote in the same numbers as any other age group was a defining moment in Trump winning. If they hadn't stayed home, Trump wouldn't be POTUS.

That's right RJ...it's NEVER Townie's fault for anything..."90% of life is showing up" - Snowflakes didn't show up and it's not their fault for not showing up.

If that's not perfect MILENNIAL logic, I don't know what is.

Millennials forced boomers to vote for Trump

It also wasn't a statistically significant change in voter turnout for the youths

historical_youth_turnout-768x421.jpg

though the enthusiasm gap was pretty historic (trying to figure why...)

Just because when you were orca fat no one liked you doesn't mean you need to act like an asshole the rest of your life.

Maybe you should try something new, read RJ's next five posts without seeing his name. Assume someone else posted them, you won't have the same Pavlovian response. Maybe that would your attitude in life.

What is SAD and HILARIOUS is that there's nothing hilarious or redeeming about your tired, pathetic act.

Remember when RJ tested out this theory by posting under another name and he was spotted and exposed on the very first post?

I don't have to ask you. I fully understand I can't possibly be right about anything (unless I agree 10,000% with you) and you are never wrong.

This post strikes me as "condescending" and "arrogant"

It also reminds me of that Dwight/Jim bit from the Office: "Michael. MICHAEL. MICHAEL!"

I'm not condescending. I am in awe of your knowledge, talent and worldliness.

Remember when RJ tested out this theory by posting under another name and he was spotted and exposed on the very first post?

Wasn’t it like 90sDeac or something like that?

I don't think any one is denying the numbers that some Bernie voters either switched teams or didn't vote at all during the general election. We are arguing that the DNC needed to do more to retain those voters and convince them that Hillary was either a better candidate or worth their time which they obviously didn't do it. Y'all are blaming Bernie voters for being disloyal, which I suppose is fair enough, but I am blaming Moderates in the DNC for not doing enough to win those votes. I, for one, don't think that a party owns its voters and the party should work to sell its political philosophy and convince people to support it.

I'll also say, anybody arguing that the Party should go moderate and nominate from the middle to attract mid-western rustbelters, while at the same time complaining that Bernie voters are disloyal, should probably redo their political calculations.

Bird, the two most important things for 2020 are new voter registration and, by far the most important, turnout.

Bird, the two most important things for 2020 are new voter registration and, by far the most important, turnout.

...and the most important thing for voter turnout on the Dem side....an exciting candidate that young people can get enthusiastic about. GOP only needs the threat of a SCOTUS vacancy get their people to the polls Dems want to be inspired by their candidates.

I don't think any one is denying the numbers that some Bernie voters either switched teams or didn't vote at all during the general election. We are arguing that the DNC needed to do more to retain those voters and convince them that Hillary was either a better candidate or worth their time which they obviously didn't do it. Y'all are blaming Bernie voters for being disloyal, which I suppose is fair enough, but I am blaming Moderates in the DNC for not doing enough to win those votes. I, for one, don't think that a party owns its voters and the party should work to sell its political philosophy and convince people to support it.

I'll also say, anybody arguing that the Party should go moderate and nominate from the middle to attract mid-western rustbelters, while at the same time complaining that Bernie voters are disloyal, should probably redo their political calculations.

I think blaming Hillary AND Bernie bros is a far way to go.

The big problem is the Dems are run by people who haven’t gotten anything right in my lifetime. They’re just horrible at politics. They got lucky with Bill Clinton and Obama and squandered their momentum by running wooden Clinton-ites who lost to two of the dumbest nominees in our history.

The took the Obama coalition for granted in 2010 and 2014 and didn’t learn their lesson in 2016. They want to repeat the mistake now.

Back