• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

I'm not sure if I've used that term and don't think I have.

Her bigoted rants have stopped. Hopefully, her hate-filled speeches will morph into trying to work for better conditions for all.

Again, this has nothing to do with Townie's history of lying about me.

Omar's unwillingness to hold Muslims responsible for 9/11 shows she needs to be marginalized. She's had almost a week to fix her statement and has refused to do so. This is outrageous. She needs to be held accountable.

These are her EXACT words- "“CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something"

"Some people did something"...That's what she said.

She should have said the actions of twenty odd Muslims don't represent what a billion Muslims believe or how they how they act. But by saying "some people" She de facto minimizes what happened.

In no way does this justify the threats upon her or her family's safety or the egregious, bigoted attacks on Muslims in the US and around thew world before and since 9/11. However, to minimize who did the attacks gives those filled with hate an excuse that doesn't need to exist.

Unlike many here, I hold people from all sides accountable and have for over a quarter of a century on Wake boards. It doesn't matter if it's Netanyahu's immoral annexations or Trump's "many fine people" or Omar's "some people did something". Wrong is wrong and needs to be held accountable.

Her words detract from a viable and evil problem.

That doesn't change anything. Who were those"some people"? Her statement would have been strong but she distracted from it and this seems to be a pattern.

We all agree the discrimination against Muslims is horrific and national disgrace, but her statements have been ham-handed. They have harmed the problem.

You've known me long enough to know I don't care. This time you know I'm right. She is very cavalier about her words and deeds. This isn't her first major mistake. She needs to be more professional rather than playing to the hands of hate regardless of where that hate originates.

You can certainly be cavalier about your hate.

"showing a lack of proper concern; offhand."

Either she is incredibly stupid or she is filled with hate. This is not her first event.

Her words and actions (or lack thereof) contradict your statement.

"some guys did something" - About twenty people, murdering over 3000 and starting two wars (one justified, one not) that destabilize the word for nearly a quarter of a century, so far, is much more than "something". She totally minimalized what they did and who they were.

What's sad is she could have illustrated her legitimate point about the horrible bigotry, innocent Muslims endure. But her continuum of insensitive and incendiary statements will make these events worse.

If she keeps talking like she has over the past few months, she will be the poster person for the RNC and will help re-elect Trump and a GOP Senate.

She's helping the GOP and so is not being outraged by her. "Some people did something" is no different than "there are many fine people".

It has ZERO to do with her being a woman of color or a Muslim. You can't hold Trump accountable for his hate and racism if you don't hold her to the same standards.

Lot of dumb shit in these posts, but the last bolded statement here is drawing the intellectual equivalency between Trump and Omar, and it's exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm not sure if I've used that term and don't think I have.

Her bigoted rants have stopped. Hopefully, her hate-filled speeches will morph into trying to work for better conditions for all.

Again, this has nothing to do with Townie's history of lying about me.

always the tragic victim

NONE of those vaguely resemble your BS lie:

"And you've called for censuring Omar. Anyone leading the anti-BDS, "you can't criticize Israel" wing of the Dem party is part of this problem."

Omar has made numerous hate-filled, racist statements. She doesn't have the power of Trump's hate, but she spews hate.

Again it is bald-faced, intentional, wanton LIE to say I EVER said anything like "you can't criticize Isreal".

Copying my statements does not change your invented LIE. Keep dancing and keep lying, you've been doing it for years and refuse to take responsibility for your lies.

You wonder why Republicans win. People like you are a cause. You make up lies about people who don't goosestep to your ideas and drive them away.

I'm with RJ this time - Townie's statement was untrue.

But RJ is wrong that Omar "spews hate". That's the kind of hyperbolic mis-characterization that RJ loves to rail against.

wanton LIE to say I EVER said anything like "you can't criticize Isreal".

If you read again, I said you were aligned with the part of the Democratic party who want to make this into law, not that it's your personal belief or that you've ever said it.

I'm saying the wing of the party that wanted to censure Omar is to blame for where we are today. I'm sure you think it's bad they won't let Omar in now. But those are the things you should consider when you post the things you post, because people take them to their logical conclusions.

If you read again, I said you were aligned with the part of the Democratic party who want to make this into law, not that it's your personal belief or that you've ever said it.

I'm saying the wing of the party that wanted to censure Omar is to blame for where we are today. I'm sure you think it's bad they won't let Omar in now. But those are the things you should consider when you post the things you post, because people take them to their logical conclusions.

That's not what you said. You can't even take responsibility for your initial LIE. Each time you come up with another Trumpian diversion from this fact, you cement who you are. Rather than admitting your lie and BS, you just change the tune.

You've been doing the same thing for years.

RE: Omar -not holding Omar responsible for her bigoted statements is exactly the same as Republicans not holding Trump accountable for his racist statements. If it's wrong for a RWer to make hate-based statements. It's wrong for a LWer to do the same.

You have vastly different definitions of “hate-based statements” than most people. That’s the rub.

If it's wrong for a RWer to make hate-based statements. It's wrong for a LWer to do the same.

Not true... I learned on this here board that racist or hate-based statements from the left don't count.

If it comes from the left it's just a simple misstatement. Or ham-handed messaging.

Take your pick.

Back