• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

MHB, I assume this is about Biden criticizing the Chinese government for their handling of COVID-19. I saw a progressive buddy of mine make the same argument.

Which foreign governments can we criticize without being xenophobic?

It was his xenophobic ad.

MHB, I assume this is about Biden criticizing the Chinese government for their handling of COVID-19. I saw a progressive buddy of mine make the same argument.

Which foreign governments can we criticize without being xenophobic?

Really wish he had said "the Chinese government" instead of just "the Chinese" in that ad-that aspect definitely felt like it was trying to sway Trump's more xenophobic voters.

It was his xenophobic ad.

Can you post it? Then can you answer my question. We just went through this bullshit with Republicans calling Omar anti-Semitic.

I was referring to the private insurance industry fighting it tooth and nail.

Execs from every major insurer have given to Biden. They’re banking on not getting knocked out of the market altogether.

You're too young to know much about Medicare (I'm just learning). But the reality is private insurers are doing supplemental insurance at little or no charge but get paid by the government. This is the same as it is in Canada, UK, Germany and other countries with universal care.

If the left in public and Congress work their asses off for Biden, it's likely the full public option will happen during his first (hopefully only) term. This will break up a lot of insurance companies. Luckily, there will be a lot of federal health jobs for the people who lose theirs due to the public option.

Something, most aren't talking about is Biden was the point man for the Paris Accords (we all know they weren't very strong). They will be reinstated very shortly after he takes the oath of office.

He will also re-engage the Iraq Nuke deal very quickly.

Those on the left don't want to think about the fact that Biden understands how to get things done. He understands cashing in markers. The left in Congress and in the field will get closer to getting what they want under Biden than under Bernie as Bernie would have little to no coattails.

Can you post it? Then can you answer my question. We just went through this bullshit with Republicans calling Omar anti-Semitic.

And rj!

Speaking of Omar, Sanders is doing a campaign fundraising for Omar, AOC and my girl Rashida. He’s *finally* doing the Ph strategy of downballot support.

instead of comparing it Omar, it may help to understand the left's criticism of this ad through the same metonymy/metaphor deployed in Trump's "Chinese virus" rhetoric.

instead of comparing it Omar, it may help to understand the left's criticism of this ad through the same metonymy/metaphor deployed in Trump's "Chinese virus" rhetoric.

So Biden called COVID-19 the “Chinese virus” or “Wuhan virus” or “Kung Flu?” Yeah that is bad. He should apologize.

And rj!

Speaking of Omar, Sanders is doing a campaign fundraising for Omar, AOC and my girl Rashida. He’s *finally* doing the Ph strategy of downballot support.

And she did say multiple anti-Semitic things. People on all sides can be bigots.

I do not believe Ilhan Omar is a bigot

There is no doubt about that. I live in her district. And there is a sizable part of her district that is Jewish. Leaders from that community met with her more than once and came away - how do I put this mildly - less than impressed. She is drawing opposition in the primary and I would not be surprised if there was a real challenge to her.

She did it many times. No one forced her to say the things she did. If she had only done it once, it could have easily been an accident, but it wasn't once.

I see Biden busted out the xenophobia already. Cool cool.

And you're worried about that ad. LOL. What's Trump going to do now? Go give China a big bear hug? Trump has ZERO chance of lining up on the old xenophobia debate and winning. That ad is smart precisely because it targets Trump with people who might be inclined to vote for him. It hits him with his own words.

Last edited:
It’s the most democratic district in the upper Midwest. A repudiation of her would be disappointing but not altogether surprising. She’s fairly radical re: housing and foreign policy.

A Somali refugee is not a person whose views I can easily find elsewhere in the American political space, and I wish we’d welcome her views that challenge Israeli hegemony and American imperialism a bit more.

She did it many times. No one forced her to say the things she did. If she had only done it once, it could have easily been an accident, but it wasn't once.

It wasn't once. It is pretty much a given that she did, in fact, marry her brother to help with immigration (a felony btw). Like she is going to get attacked by democrats in this state over that issue. If any of the people who are considering running against her in the primary have any sort of chops she will be in trouble.

Back