• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

I don't know that's it's xenophobic, but I do think it's shortsighted

it's best for the whole world for China and USA to work well together for many, many reasons

feeding into the anti-China rhetoric is not a net positive

plus, I'm so freaking tired of the Democrats main position being Not Trump instead of being for healthcare, environmentalism, equitable education, student debt, etc.
I mean you can work with China as a partner and still be critical of things they do.

TBF Biden had very few publicly expressed opinions about anything up until April.

He won the primary by being the silent candidate

TBF Biden had very few publicly expressed opinions about anything up until April.

He won the primary by being the silent candidate

Probably his best strategy. He can then sit back and critique the responses of others as well since he really doesn't have to make any true calls at the moment.

Probably his best strategy. He can then sit back and critique the responses of others as well since he really doesn't have to make any true calls at the moment.

Didn't you literally just say that he shouldn't "sit back and critique the responses of others" because his own response was so late?

52e23a7ae7fa14ed3569975496ea7c85.jpg

Biden complaining that we didn’t shut down soon enough is very hypocritical. Hell, Biden held a rally on March 6th.

Didn't you literally just say that he shouldn't "sit back and critique the responses of others" because his own response was so late?

It's dumb because he doesn't have a strong stance on being tough on china at all. Which is fine, but he is playing into Trumps hand a little bit. Overall I don't think there is anything wrong with the strategy. Plus who knows maybe it is effective.

The quote was an hour after Trump implemented the travel ban.

And was accurate...

BTW, after Trump put the travel ban over 40,000 people traveled from China to the US. Like everything else he's said he's done, it's a lie.

The quote was an hour after Trump implemented the travel ban.

which is kinda the whole point of these ads

nobody is going to change their mind on Trump or Biden based on the other's China-virus ads -- it's all confirmation bias anyways

what it does do is ramp up the angst among the base, which is the goal

And was accurate...

BTW, after Trump put the travel ban over 40,000 people traveled from China to the US. Like everything else he's said he's done, it's a lie.

The 40k were American citizens and authorized travelers. Kind of governments duty to protect American citizens.

Are you defending Trump not being a xenophobic, bigoted racist?

I stated that Biden opposing the travel ban because it was “xenophobic”, then criticizing Trump for not taking action early enough is extremely hypocritical. Meanwhile, Biden was holding rallies into March.

I stated that Biden opposing the travel ban because it was “xenophobic”, then criticizing Trump for not taking action early enough is extremely hypocritical. Meanwhile, Biden was holding rallies into March.

Biden didn’t call the travel restrictions xenophobic. He called Trump xenophobic and Trump gaslit you and Whatamonut into believing Biden was against the restrictions. Also, let’s stop calling it a ban. It wasn’t a ban.

I still am confused on this wording calling it a "ban." Individual airlines canceled flights to/from China on their own. Sounds like Trump is retroactively taking credit for something he didn't do.

Back