• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

And for the Dem Brigade, to be clear, Mitch and co are the real villains. But their base isn’t let down even if they’re affected. I feel let down by the Dems every time shit like this happens.

And I also want to squarely point the finger at Pelosi once again for insisting on reinstating paygo when she came back as speaker

"When you look at the package that’s going to be passed, it’s almost exactly like the one we asked for two weeks ago," House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) told reporters on a press call Tuesday. "We're ending up with a bill we could've passed 12 days ago."

uh.

But once again, the real debacle is the Dems capitulating

But, yet, the Democrats want our votes because "they're not Trump" and we're supposed to.
Fecklessness.

So disheartening. mitch will not blink. Ever. He knows he will get what he wants. He controls the messaging and does not give a shit about anything or anyone but his own power.

And what is the context around this Warner video? Is that every meal (that you can get) when you are out of work? His favorite meal as a latch key kid? Really odd.

And for the Dem Brigade, to be clear, Mitch and co are the real villains. But their base isn’t let down even if they’re affected. I feel let down by the Dems every time shit like this happens.

Because they didn't get everything you wanted, nothing should be done.

Got it!

I don’t get it.

This is why Amy McGrath needs to be the most well funded and supported Senate campaign in the country. Nothing should be off limits to destroy Moscow Mitch.

our Pragmatic Democrats will be by soon to explain

1. the PPP refunding really isn't even a Republican objective. Most of the people who were left behind in the original round of funding are the actual small mom and pops that the bill was intended to provide assistance. These are core Dem voters too.
2. The Dems did get concessions.
3. Other Dem objectives will be addressed in future funding bills. This isn't the last Co-Vid 19 appropriations bill by a long-shot. For instance both sides have indicated that state and local funding issues need to be addressed in an upcoming bill.

Now I know this doesn't jibe with the progressive twitter outrage machine at establishment dems, but its the truth.

Last edited:
1. the PPP refunding really isn't even a Republican objective. Most of the people who were left behind in the original round of funding are the actual small mom and pops that the bill was intended to provide assistance. These are core Dem voters too.
3. Other Dem objectives will be addressed in future funding bills. This isn't the last Co-Vid 19 appropriations bill by a long-shot. For instance both sides have indicated that state and local funding issues need to be addressed in an upcoming bill.

Now I know this doesn't jibe with the progressive twitter outrage machine at establishment dems, but its the truth.

1. What were the concessions?

2. Pushing vital funding to future bills only make the ongoing economic and public health crises worse. There is an urgency felt by the American people that comfortable folks in Congress don't seem to be feeling.

3. You are one condescending dude, my dude.

I like that a GOP concession was that money go towards testing. Once again a party of comic book supervillains sitting in a skull shaped boulder somewhere on a cliff's edge.

Dems wanted money to be included for hospitals and testing among other things to be included in the bill. The original senate bill last week was just for a refunding of the PPP loan program. Since these were added to the new bill, they were a concession to the funding objectives of the Dems.

Regarding the urgency, my understanding is that due to expanded food stamp funding around the nation, the program is anticipating budget shortfalls that the funding is going to address.

State and local will be budget shortfall related as well.

this is more or less a fair response, but a few things:

1. the PPP was originally part of the much larger CARES Act, which was originally proposed at $500 billion and passed at $2 trillion; thus, there is precedence for connecting this program to larger economic relief efforts

2. the "work with Republicans now and we'll address what we really want down the line" is pretty much the story of the Obama presidency and a doomed strategy; sure, it's politics, but the Dems have a ton of leverage by including some of the no-brainer stuff like funding the USPS and expanding vote-by-mail mechanisms or ramping up entitlements for the most vulnerable or expanding funding for states or even, from what I can tell, much accountability on the distribution of the funds

this is more or less a fair response, but a few things:

1. the PPP was originally part of the much larger CARES Act, which was originally proposed at $500 billion and passed at $2 trillion; thus, there is precedence for connecting this program to larger economic relief efforts

2. the "work with Republicans now and we'll address what we really want down the line" is pretty much the story of the Obama presidency and a doomed strategy; sure, it's politics, but the Dems have a ton of leverage by including some of the no-brainer stuff like funding the USPS and expanding vote-by-mail mechanisms or ramping up entitlements for the most vulnerable or expanding funding for states or even, from what I can tell, much accountability on the distribution of the funds

It will surely work next time.

Back