• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

I mean all electoral circumstances are unprecedented insofar as they have never happened before.

The deck is shuffled by the specific pandemic, but it's a lot like 2008, just earlier.

I hope they eviscerate the Trump family make them each look Marie Antoinette and Robert Hanssen on steroids.

y'all ever read through some of the replies to Trump tweets

that shit is nuts - there's definitely an affective investment/grift economy paper in those tweets

Jared and Ivanka made $130M in 2018 while working in the WH.

While in charge of US policy for Oman, Jared got a $1B loan for a property no other bank in the world would touch from the Bank of Oman (which is owned by the Royal Family).

Trump properties have taken in over $110M for Trump's golf outings.

There are many more. But that's a start..

y'all ever read through some of the replies to Trump tweets

that shit is nuts - there's definitely an affective investment/grift economy paper in those tweets

I haven't seen nearly enough written in the press, popular media, or academic press about the full-on grift machine. It's completely obvious now.

Internal Biden campaign rift opens over how to compete with Trump online

The disagreement among Biden’s top advisers centers on whether to hire most of its digital team internally or to rely on the firm Hawkfish, which is backed financially by billionaire Mike Bloomberg and ran the digital operation for his presidential campaign...

...Trump’s digital presence is significantly larger than Biden’s on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, a disadvantage that has made the discussions even more urgent. The Biden digital operation, which includes roughly 25 people, is also less than a quarter the size of the Trump campaign’s 100 person-plus team. Hillary Clinton’s digital operation was just less than 100 at this point in 2016, according to three Clinton digital staffers...

...One outside Democratic operative who has been in touch with Biden’s team said that the fight inside the campaign has taken on a generational dimension, with older officials more receptive to Hawkfish’s pitches than younger, digitally native staffers.

The debate makes sense. Biden barely has a team. Bloomberg can deliver one.

Also none of the people quoted or mentioned except the Trump digital person have delivered a winning general election campaign.

I get the argument that the early primary means they can hit the ground running early but it also means they don’t have to rush.

I’m just some random guy on the internet, so take with the same grain of salt you all take everything I say. It seems like Biden has the luxury of being able to take a surgical strategic approach to this. I think he should try to assemble a dream team.

Start by courting Bernie’s digital people. I’m sure many will be hard to get, but he should try. They have the most experience courting progressive voters and digital natives. They’ve also sustained a following over the last five years. They know how to not just get people to get out to vote, but to be activists working on behalf of a candidate.

Biden should also get Pete’s team. Pete is the only candidate who built a significantly following from scratch over less than a year. He’s got a very devoted group who is more than willing to go to the mat for Biden. Pete’s team was also effective targeting disaffected Republicans.

After that, Biden should look at successful 2018 campaigns, particularly in swing states. Get the digital directors from Whitmer (MI), Wolf (PA), any Sinema people who aren’t working on Kelly’s campaign (AZ) among others. Look at deep blue areas of swing states that had particularly high 2018 turnout in the primaries and general. Not sure if Tlaib (Detroit) and Omar’s (Minneapolis) districts had particularly high turnout but those are the types of districts I’m thinking about. Philly, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Madison, Durham, Charlotte, etc.

Jared and Ivanka made $130M in 2018 while working in the WH.

While in charge of US policy for Oman, Jared got a $1B loan for a property no other bank in the world would touch from the Bank of Oman (which is owned by the Royal Family).

Trump properties have taken in over $110M for Trump's golf outings.

There are many more. But that's a start..

[sailor]BURISMA!!1![/sailor]

He's created a great ad about Trump's failure on Covid.

I hope they eviscerate the Trump family make them each look Marie Antoinette and Robert Hanssen on steroids.

Link?

Like a lot about the Ph post but I’d add that not just the digital teams but the ground teams and policy teams are what turned the tide.

Tlaib represents the third poorest district in America, and there’s a lot to learn about how she ran her campaign.

The ad really isn't that good. The part about CDC people not being on the ground in China is good-should have focused on that instead of giving airtime to the narrative about the travel ban. Also, I hate ads that begin with "Candidate X is launching attacks against Candidate Y". Yeah, no shit, that's every campaign. Just meaningless filler.

IMO the one with the Trump quotes paired with the corona cases graph is better.

He's created a great ad about Trump's failure on Covid.

lol, that's exactly my point

all his ads are about not being Trump

may be sufficient this time around, but it's not campaigning on "achievable policy objectives"

Like a lot about the Ph post but I’d add that not just the digital teams but the ground teams and policy teams are what turned the tide.

Tlaib represents the third poorest district in America, and there’s a lot to learn about how she ran her campaign.

Definitely. But we're just talking about digital right now.

The ad really isn't that good. The part about CDC people not being on the ground in China is good-should have focused on that instead of giving airtime to the narrative about the travel ban. Also, I hate ads that begin with "Candidate X is launching attacks against Candidate Y". Yeah, no shit, that's every campaign. Just meaningless filler.

IMO the one with the Trump quotes paired with the corona cases graph is better.

To me the most effective ad is the literal profiteering. He inserted private industry between the distribution of PPE and gear to hospitals to turn a profit, holding states and cities and individual hospitals hostage in a crisis.

Also, none of these politicians seem to be focusing on pumping industry and academia with $ for accelerating research?

But once again, the real debacle is the Dems capitulating

Lol

Back