• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

making every nonprofit eligible for PPP funds seems like terrible legislation.

they can't help but step on rakes

classifying corporate lobbyists as small nonprofits is awful on its face too

source.gif

making every nonprofit eligible for PPP funds seems like terrible legislation.

they can't help but step on rakes

classifying corporate lobbyists as small nonprofits is awful on its face too

Shamefully bad. It’s not that hard to define small business. It’s only tough when you try to make everyone fit.

More evidence that the solution needs to be addressed at the individual level not the business level.

Why don't things like this matter in election season? The Dems that voted yes on the FISA reauthorization will walk to re-election. I don't get it. Feinstein will be in office until she dies, no matter how terrible she is. I really don't understand the psychology behind supporting terrible incumbents.

It’s not psychology. It’s math. 50% + 1.

Most people don't know much about specific votes and turnout in a primary is typically not great. Not to mention challengers are generally facing a massive name recognition and $$ deficit.

Beating an incumbent in a primary is incredibly hard, even in tiny districts.

It’s not psychology. It’s math. 50% + 1.

Thanks. Why do "50% + 1" support the incumbent, when the incumbent sucks? It's not sports, it's preference, so it's definitely psychological. Why support the incumbent over a challenger? Besides not dying or committing a felony while in office, what's the standard for preferring an incumbent? Just keeping the seat warm isn't an accomplishment, IMO. It has to be name recognition.

Thanks. Why do "50% + 1" support the incumbent, when the incumbent sucks? It's not sports, it's preference, so it's definitely psychological. Why support the incumbent over a challenger? Besides not dying or committing a felony while in office, what's the standard for preferring an incumbent? Just keeping the seat warm isn't an accomplishment, IMO. It has to be name recognition.

Confirmation bias and avoiding cognitive dissonance.

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: debacle 69% of the time, every time

Last edited:
Isn't Biden saying that if somebody believes he did that and that if he believed somebody else did that would impact whether he could vote for that person taking these sorts of allegations seriously?

yeah, I understand the logic of what he is saying, why would you vote for someone you believe is a rapist? It's just startling to hear a nominee dissuade people from voting for him. Biden has done this all along though, he's very dismissive of people who don't support him. Perhaps it's a method of projecting confidence in himself.

yeah, I understand the logic of what he is saying, why would you vote for someone you believe is a rapist? It's just startling to hear a nominee dissuade people from voting for him. Biden has done this all along though, he's very dismissive of people who don't support him. Perhaps it's a method of projecting confidence in himself.

So is "Vote for me even if you think I'm a rapist" a better option?

Biden has to toe a difficult line. Biden has to show respect to someone who is falsely accusing him and share an intolerance for sexual assault with people who do think he's a rapist. But he can't pander to them because they think he's a rapist.

Biden is accepting a harsh reality. At this point, there's nothing Joe Biden can do to win the vote of someone who thinks Joe Biden is a rapist. And perhaps the worst thing he can do is to pursue their vote in a way that insults their intelligence and opinions. What Biden can do is hope that over the next 5+ months, the urgency of the situation this country is in will convince people who think he's a rapist to vote for him anyway.

So is "Vote for me even if you think I'm a rapist" a better option?

That would be a valid question if Joe Biden hadn't already been repeating that "don't vote for me" line throughout his campaign. He's responded to multiple confrontations and challenges with that same response. It's a novel strategy that I find interesting. It fits right in with RJKarl's mindset that people have no choice but to vote for Biden, so he has obligation to win their vote. Biden defeating Donald Trump is more important than any other concern you might have about him. Biden is betting hard against voter disengagement and contrarianism.

"Joe Biden: not the nonrapist we want, but the rapist we deserve."

Back