• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

eh. I think it's a ridiculous premise. You think anyone polled the boys in Jeffrey Dahmer's neighborhood to ask if he had killed and eaten any of them? Character witness isn't contrary evidence. "Have I ever been in a car accident? Just look at all these trees i've never hit with my car. What does that tell you?"

That would be a valid question if Joe Biden hadn't already been repeating that "don't vote for me" line throughout his campaign. He's responded to multiple confrontations and challenges with that same response. It's a novel strategy that I find interesting. It fits right in with RJKarl's mindset that people have no choice but to vote for Biden, so he has obligation to win their vote. Biden defeating Donald Trump is more important than any other concern you might have about him. Biden is betting hard against voter disengagement and contrarianism.

I think he realizes there's nothing he can do win full-throated support of people who truly believe Burisma, or believe Reade, or think he's an evil centrist who isn't much better than Trump.

He's not insulting anybody's intelligence by pandering to them. It's a matter of turnout and getting people who do support him to show up and vote. The people in those three groups who want their vote to matter and don't want Trump to be president will vote for Biden anyway. It would be a waste of resources to pursue them instead of working for turnout.

eh. I think it's a ridiculous premise. You think anyone polled the boys in Jeffrey Dahmer's neighborhood to ask if he had killed and eaten any of them? Character witness isn't contrary evidence. "Have I ever been in a car accident? Just look at all these trees i've never hit with my car. What does that tell you?"
So what other mechanism would you suggest for people to investigate Joe Biden's past to see if these allegations have merit or are consistent with how he's conducted himself?

That's all acknowledged in the article. Take from it what you will -- I think we all know how you will take it.

So what other mechanism would you suggest for people to investigate Joe Biden's past to see if these allegations have merit or are consistent with how he's conducted himself?

There's nothing that can be done for him -- I certainly didn't post that article for his benefit.

The bottom line is MDMH, MHB, Townie and Juice need Biden to be guilty to justify their actions over the past couple of months. Even if this woman isn't telling the truth, they don't care. They must "get Biden".

So is "Vote for me even if you think I'm a rapist" a better option?

Biden has to toe a difficult line. Biden has to show respect to someone who is falsely accusing him and share an intolerance for sexual assault with people who do think he's a rapist. But he can't pander to them because they think he's a rapist.

Biden is accepting a harsh reality. At this point, there's nothing Joe Biden can do to win the vote of someone who thinks Joe Biden is a rapist. And perhaps the worst thing he can do is to pursue their vote in a way that insults their intelligence and opinions. What Biden can do is hope that over the next 5+ months, the urgency of the situation this country is in will convince people who think he's a rapist to vote for him anyway.

This post is...something.

ah foiled again in my attempts to "get biden"

You never talk about anything positive he has done and automatically believe a woman who has an ax to grind, supported an opponent and has changed her story multiple times. She sounds a lot like the woman in Pittsburgh who said an Obama supporter branded her cheek when it was she who did it to herself.

Again, it's not all women. It's this woman is not believable.

The bottom line is MDMH, MHB, Townie and Juice need Biden to be guilty to justify their actions over the past couple of months. Even if this woman isn't telling the truth, they don't care. They must "get Biden".

dodged this bullet

You never talk about anything positive he has done and automatically believe a woman who has an ax to grind, supported an opponent and has changed her story multiple times. She sounds a lot like the woman in Pittsburgh who said an Obama supporter branded her cheek when it was she who did it to herself.

Again, it's not all women. It's this woman is not believable.

i'm not his press secretary

he has my vote

he can win me over with a good agenda and by being a good president

until then i owe him jack shit, he's the public servant

I think he realizes there's nothing he can do win full-throated support of people who truly believe Burisma, or believe Reade, or think he's an evil centrist who isn't much better than Trump.

He's not insulting anybody's intelligence by pandering to them. It's a matter of turnout and getting people who do support him to show up and vote. The people in those three groups who want their vote to matter and don't want Trump to be president will vote for Biden anyway. It would be a waste of resources to pursue them instead of working for turnout.

This is stupid, Ph, and contradicts literally everything you have posted about unity and big tents, and advancing progressive causes through coalitions. I'm calling bullshit. This is RJ-level bullshit.

Biden needs to put on his big boy leadership pants and say, "I'm your nominee. I might not have been your first choice and you might not trust me, but I have a long record of fighting for you in Congress and in the White House, and I'll keep doing it as president. Here is my platform and I'm going to do everything in my power to restore our democracy and our democratic institutions while supporting legislation that will be good for reproductive rights, gender equality in the workplace and educational institutions, environmental justice, and immigration reform."

There. Anything is better than telling your critics in a supposedly must win election to not vote for you. Biden's strategy is fucking stupid and is going to sow division that'll likely result in more protest votes than the party can afford in this election. He's actively encouraging progressives to not vote for him and that's fucking stupid.

Will you actually respond this time, Ph?

i'm not his press secretary

he has my vote

he can win me over with a good agenda and by being a good president

until then i owe him jack shit, he's the public servant

You say nothing but bad. You equate him to Trump.

yea or another word for it is compare

Biden almost certainly does fewer rapes. Maybe not no rapes, but fewer rapes.

Biden wants more people to have access to healthcare than Trump. Maybe not everybody, but more people.

Biden wants things to go "back to normal" or in other words back to the era that led to Trump.

Biden wants less individual suffering than Trump does (in nearly all aspects of his politics, from the handling of the C19 crisis to social politics, essentially across the board). Is he willing to make the necessary sacrifices to ensure that will happen? Yet to be seen.

tilt and others do a pretty good job of posting the positives Biden has going for him, and I enjoy reading those when I come across them.

tilt and others do a pretty good job of posting the positives Biden has going for him, and I enjoy reading those when I come across them.

Yep, would love to see the anti-Bernie Bro trolls/antagonizers take a page from tiltdeac and post substantive content every once and awhile.

Back