• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

yea or another word for it is compare

Biden almost certainly does fewer rapes. Maybe not no rapes, but fewer rapes.

This is total BS and proves what I've been saying. You NEED that to be true about Biden. It's sad and shows exactly where you are coming from.

Biden wants more people to have access to healthcare than Trump. Maybe not everybody, but more people.

Biden tried to get a full public option in ACA until the last moment when other Dems put it down. There's no sense talking about that. Historical fact that disputes your disgust is of no value to you.

Biden wants things to go "back to normal" or in other words back to the era that led to Trump.

Biden wants less individual suffering than Trump does (in nearly all aspects of his politics, from the handling of the C19 crisis to social politics, essentially across the board). Is he willing to make the necessary sacrifices to ensure that will happen? Yet to be seen.
What a total load of crap that is.
tilt and others do a pretty good job of posting the positives Biden has going for him, and I enjoy reading those when I come across them.

Of course, when I post positives, you just ignore them. No change...

You don't give him any credit for keeping assault weapons from being sold for a decade.

You don't give him any credit for pushing Obama and other Dems towards marriage equality. Or pushing Obama to get rid of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell".

Those are just a few.

What you do every time is "whatabout". If there's anything good about Biden, you immediately look for a "whatabout".

A RW PAC would love to see your posts. Anyone who is on the fence could easily see your posts and stay home, vote for a third party or even for Trump.

Maybe I’m giving RJ way too much credit but it must be exhausting being a non-Pub in a district like his that voted in a Russian asset for years. He must have to hear Fox brain dumps every single day from his age group. Given that I can sort of understand the reflexive freak out at any perceived negativity toward the Dem nominee here.

It's not "any". It's a consistent drumbeat.

It's not "perceived". It's specific and continuous as well as intentionally dropping historical facts that dispute their positions.

You guys should pay a little more attention to those who know me. These posts aren't a "reflexive freak out". Unless you call every time someone disagrees with you that term.

As to "my age group", I moved to HB when I was YOUR age group 06. That's when our surfing Nazi Congressman was elected.

Maybe I’m giving RJ way too much credit but it must be exhausting being a non-Pub in a district like his that voted in a Russian asset for years. He must have to hear Fox brain dumps every single day from his age group. Given that I can sort of understand the reflexive freak out at any perceived negativity toward the Dem nominee here.

That's even more of a reason for him to get out from beyond his keyboard and do something. "HB" and Orange County, more generally, is not only a hotbed of reactionary conservatism in national politics, but also in a lot of local issues related to housing, homelessness, and immigration. It seems like there would be a major niche available for a guy with RJ's skills and politics to make a difference. Alas, he spends the majority of time railing against a bunch of people he's never met on the internet who are voting for the Democratic presidential candidate. It's a weird situation.

Interesting read. Especially the part about exploring the layout of the Senate office areas where the assault allegedly occurred.

Any ideas why PBS never posted an article exploring the layout of the house in which Blasey-Ford claimed she was allegedly assaulted by Brett Kavanaugh?

I don't know Anus, why don't you go scope it out and report back.

This is stupid, Ph, and contradicts literally everything you have posted about unity and big tents, and advancing progressive causes through coalitions. I'm calling bullshit. This is RJ-level bullshit.

Biden needs to put on his big boy leadership pants and say, "I'm your nominee. I might not have been your first choice and you might not trust me, but I have a long record of fighting for you in Congress and in the White House, and I'll keep doing it as president. Here is my platform and I'm going to do everything in my power to restore our democracy and our democratic institutions while supporting legislation that will be good for reproductive rights, gender equality in the workplace and educational institutions, environmental justice, and immigration reform."

There. Anything is better than telling your critics in a supposedly must win election to not vote for you. Biden's strategy is fucking stupid and is going to sow division that'll likely result in more protest votes than the party can afford in this election. He's actively encouraging progressives to not vote for him and that's fucking stupid.

Will you actually respond this time, Ph?

That's his basic message.

And there are plenty of people who respond to that message with "I'm not going to vote for a rapist." What do you say to them?

This is stupid, Ph, and contradicts literally everything you have posted about unity and big tents, and advancing progressive causes through coalitions. I'm calling bullshit. This is RJ-level bullshit.

Biden needs to put on his big boy leadership pants and say, "I'm your nominee. I might not have been your first choice and you might not trust me, but I have a long record of fighting for you in Congress and in the White House, and I'll keep doing it as president. Here is my platform and I'm going to do everything in my power to restore our democracy and our democratic institutions while supporting legislation that will be good for reproductive rights, gender equality in the workplace and educational institutions, environmental justice, and immigration reform."

There. Anything is better than telling your critics in a supposedly must win election to not vote for you. Biden's strategy is fucking stupid and is going to sow division that'll likely result in more protest votes than the party can afford in this election. He's actively encouraging progressives to not vote for him and that's fucking stupid.

Will you actually respond this time, Ph?

And there are plenty of people who respond to that message with "I'm not going to vote for a rapist." What should he say to them?

TIL RJ places punctuation outside his quotation marks.

The bottom line is MDMH, MHB, Townie and Juice need Biden to be guilty to justify their actions over the past couple of months. Even if this woman isn't telling the truth, they don't care. They must "get Biden".

lol "My actions over the past couple of months" selling shoes online as a side gig, potty training my kid, watching horror movies, buying way too much hot sauce online, jerkin it every now and then -Can you clarify which actions I need to justify?

So what other mechanism would you suggest for people to investigate Joe Biden's past to see if these allegations have merit or are consistent with how he's conducted himself?

I don't think there is any amount of character research you could do to prove that someone didn't rape someone. Society keeps proving over and over and over again that there is no such thing as trustworthy "characters", there are only guilty and innocent people. I don't know if Biden is innocent or guilty, but I know that his not-raping other women does fuck all to prove that he didn't rape Tara Reade.

Threatening people online and saying a sexual assault survivor has “an axe to grind.” Oh wait...

Thanks for the laugh... Yep, I really threatened someone. I couldn't planned the responses better if I had posted them under each person's name.

You guys are such suckers.

I don't think there is any amount of character research you could do to prove that someone didn't rape someone. Society keeps proving over and over and over again that there is no such thing as trustworthy "characters", there are only guilty and innocent people. I don't know if Biden is innocent or guilty, but I know that his not-raping other women does fuck all to prove that he didn't rape Tara Reade.

And the fact that she did work for an opponent and changed her story over and over again surely makes her believable.

And there are plenty of people who respond to that message with "I'm not going to vote for a rapist." What should he say to them?

He shouldn't say anything to them. The clip floating around the internet is "if you believe Tara Reade, then don't vote for me." The clips re: climate and immigration movements are "then vote for somebody else." It's a bad message and he should be doing everything within his power (and his media capacity) to transform that message into "vote for me because..."

How many posts would Ph have if he didn’t double post all the time?

Hate to tell ya bud, but that tweet was aimed straight at the old Cuban vote in Florida. I have very little respect for Joe Biden, but it would be naive to not recognize the strategy in everything he's doing. It only seems like he's stepping on rakes because he literally doesn't give a fuck about the leftist vote.

Back