• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Saw an article the other day with quotes from several former employers landlords etc saying she was shady and manipulative and on the grift

Yeah this Reade stuff is total BS. Something inappropriate might of happened but I just don't believe Biden finger rapped her. Time to tune this shit out, I feel bad for Biden.

I'm impressed that Ph went from a simple misinterpretion to such a well developed straw man argument. To be clear, when I said "I don't give a shit about legalism" I was saying that my good faith belief in Tara Reade isn't based on the legal standards required to put Biden on trial. I never said anything as stupid and ridiculous as "rapists shouldn't go to trial". Just because Tara Reade's allegations are unverifiable doesn't mean she is lying. At this point I don't think Tara Reade has any substantiating evidence to which she could even make criminal or civil charges.

But you think that's enough that Biden should drop out of the race. Yeah OK.

Let's be real, MDMH. If some suburban mom accused Bernie of rape, you'd claim it was a centrist conspiracy to bring Bernie down.

birdman, thanks for the very reasonable take on this.

Let's be real, MDMH. If some suburban mom accused Bernie of rape, you'd claim it was a centrist conspiracy to bring Bernie down.

I don't think this is true.

I mean at this point if you're assigning any credibility to Reade's story than it's hard to believe you don't have an ax to grind. Even her earlier stories about Biden wanting her to serve drinks and show off her legs has been contradicted by several former staff members that all said that Biden went out of his way not to use women or staff members for these kind of duties at these events.

Last edited:
I mean at this point if you're assigning any credibility to Reade's story than it's hard to believe you don't have an ax to grind. Even her earlier stories about Biden warning her to serve drinks and show off her legs has been contradicted by several people said the Biden went out of his way not to use women or staff members for duties at these kind of events.

Do you feel like Ph's post was warranted?

Ok, let's be real - I've made a real effort trying to reason with you but you insist on being an asshole. Let's end the discussion.

This is the kind of shit that turns me off from Democratic politics

Markey is a popular Senator, 37 years in Congress, but he co-sponsors GND and immediately gets primaried by a do-nothing Kennedy

The DCCC blackballed anyone who primaried a sitting Congressperson from the left in 2018, but they're bankrolling Kennedy

https://theweek.com/articles/915524/theres-no-good-reason-joe-kennedy-primary-ed-markey

DCCC loves them some birthright democrats. We're a crypto-monarchy.

It's disappointing to see the party put their foot on the scale in primaries in either direction. The party should simply make sure primaries are fairly contested and all Democrats have a chance to vote.

This is the kind of shit that turns me off from Democratic politics

Markey is a popular Senator, 37 years in Congress, but he co-sponsors GND and immediately gets primaried by a do-nothing Kennedy

The DCCC blackballed anyone who primaried a sitting Congressperson from the left in 2018, but they're bankrolling Kennedy

https://theweek.com/articles/915524/theres-no-good-reason-joe-kennedy-primary-ed-markey

I agree completely, but when the title of the article says "There's no good reason for Joe Kennedy to primary Ed Markey" all I could think was "Of course there is - he's a Kennedy, and Kennedys think they should own a Massachusetts Senate seat as a birthright." The Kennedys are probably the closest thing we have to a royal family in American politics. Most American political dynasties - the Adams, the Tafts, the Lodges, the Stevensons - historically faded away at some point, but it seems like the Bushes and Kennedys just keep going. I agree that Markey deserves to win based on his record, and he shouldn't be facing a primary challenge like this from own party. Kennedy's main reason for running is that he's a Kennedy, I guess we'll see how much "magic" there still is in the family name in Massachusetts. I hope to God that the Trumps don't follow the same route and start running Donald's kids for public office.

But you must believe her...

I wonder how those who believe her feel about her lying and potentially putting innocent people in prison.

Because it's nearly impossible to prove a negative. It's even harder if it happened over a quarter of a century ago. Plus, it would give her credibility she doesn't deserve.

She's lucky the statute of limitations on her perjuries has probably expired or she'd be going to jail. The lawyers who used her an expert should be accountable for not doing their due diligence of her "credentials".

Back