• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

I’m still into a Kamala Harris/Sherrod Brown ticket

Clinton/Brown would’ve beaten Trump

Dude is great

I have already put all my support behind Kamala as well. I think she is a stud. I don't know much about Sherrod Brown, but should Kamala earn the candidacy, I'm sure anyone she picks to be a running mate will be equally as good.

Warren is whatever, but she does have some good ideas around infrastructure, housing, and finance regulation that I would like to see be a part of the 2020 discussion.

I’m still into a Kamala Harris/Sherrod Brown ticket

Clinton/Brown would’ve beaten Trump

Dude is great

It's nice that you have finally gotten to the Sherrod Brown party and the Hillary/Sherrod ticket.

Warren is whatever, but she does have some good ideas around infrastructure, housing, and finance regulation that I would like to see be a part of the 2020 discussion.

she needs to stay in the Senate. She can do more good there as a policy leader with a charismatic Dem president.

I have already put all my support behind Kamala as well. I think she is a stud. I don't know much about Sherrod Brown, but should Kamala earn the candidacy, I'm sure anyone she picks to be a running mate will be equally as good.

If Harris is on top of the ticket, it will be the most racist campaign in over half a century.

yep; but i bet she gets a Cabinet spot if democrats take the white house

Not sure she would take AG. She was on the short list for the Supreme Court when Alito died. She could easily replace RBG.

I still hope the Dems win the Senate in 2020 and expand the number of Justices.

How about chilling out and just nominating a white dude this time so we can get this nutjob out of the Oval Office.

yep; but i bet she gets a Cabinet spot if democrats take the white house

If the Dems take the White House and have the Senate, they really shouldn’t risk putting senators in the cabinet. There are plenty of people qualified for cabinet positions who aren’t senators.

How about chilling out and just nominating a white dude this time so we can get this nutjob out of the Oval Office.
A black guy named "Hussein" had the largest popular vote in modern history. The last 3 white Democrat candidates all lost. IMO a white Democrat candidate is a bigger risk than a POC, unless the white candidate is super charismatic.

Yeah. Looking back if Hillary had nominated a dynamic, charismatic minority VP to shore up young and minority voters instead of picking a corny white guy to appeal to corny white guys. She doubled down on her own lack of charisma against a charismatic candidate. She didn’t give people anybody to vote for against a ticket nobody wanted to vote for.

Yes Obama won, and now 100% of the right's enthusiasm is stoked in racism and/or misogyny. Nominate the white dude. You only need like two tenths of a percent in a couple states. Bernie would win in a landslide, for example.

she needs to stay in the Senate. She can do more good there as a policy leader with a charismatic Dem president.

Agreed. I just don't see her as being a very strong candidate for POTUS. I think she would do much better to stay in the Senate and become chair of a powerful committee, where she could wield real power. The Dems have a great shot at winning the Senate in 2020, as the math will heavily favor them, unlike this year. I do think she's been bitten by the presidential bug, though, so she may well give it a try in 2020.

Yeah. Looking back if Hillary had nominated a dynamic, charismatic minority VP to shore up young and minority voters instead of picking a corny white guy to appeal to corny white guys. She doubled down on her own lack of charisma against a charismatic candidate. She didn’t give people anybody to vote for against a ticket nobody wanted to vote for.

Tim Kaine didn't help or hurt. But people don't vote for the bottom of the ticket. If Dan Quayle didn't hurt Bush the Elder, no veep is going to matter much these days. LBJ in 1960 was the last time a veep had any effect on the outcome. But I agree about not putting Dem senators in the cabinet, unless that senator is from a completely blue state and is easily replaced by another Dem. Same reason I argued against Kaine being the veep in 2016 - a less known Dem would have lost to a bigger Pub name like Bolling, who didn't bother to consider running against Kaine.

Tim Kaine didn't help or hurt. But people don't vote for the bottom of the ticket. If Dan Quayle didn't hurt Bush the Elder, no veep is going to matter much these days. LBJ in 1960 was the last time a veep had any effect on the outcome. But I agree about not putting Dem senators in the cabinet, unless that senator is from a completely blue state and is easily replaced by another Dem. Same reason I argued against Kaine being the veep in 2016 - a less known Dem would have lost to a bigger Pub name like Bolling, who didn't bother to consider running against Kaine.

Pence definitely helped Trump.

Brown is loved in OH. He could have turned that state and if he campaigned in PA, WI and MI, he could have had an impact just by showing up.

Yeah but New England seems to love her and the ITKs I’ve read (lol I know) think she will have a good time in NH before falling away. I tend to agree, NH always seems to love someone from their region, but I’ll defer to NED for that.

Warren-Sanders in NH would be very interesting. I don't think Warren will run.

Back