• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Last edited:
Good. It was a stupid idea with a good slogan, just like "Repeal Obamacare".

Meh. It was an ok idea and the slogan kind of sucks. Abolish ICE =/= abolishing immigration enforcement. If Democrats can ever develop a coherent immigration policy, dismantling ICE and redistributing its responsibilities to other agencies should be a part of it.

As long as she wants the job and doesn't do anything stupid, the job is hers for many years to come.

Kinda weird that democrats spent the day hating on her and the National Review defends her.

because they need something to rage against, obviously.

she will have little to no impact in congress unless she lasts long enough to play the game and become just another hypocrite

because they need something to rage against, obviously.

she will have little to no impact in congress unless she lasts long enough to play the game and become just another hypocrite

and i thought i was down on electoralism.

AOC has some spunk. She might stick around for a long while.

Yeah. A hot 29 year old woman with a working class background who sticks it to an establishment that both sides hate has some staying power.

Meh. It was an ok idea and the slogan kind of sucks. Abolish ICE =/= abolishing immigration enforcement. If Democrats can ever develop a coherent immigration policy, dismantling ICE and redistributing its responsibilities to other agencies should be a part of it.
ICE as it currently exists is not the same as previous immigration enforcement which was under a different department, with a different mission statement, and more oversight. ICE as it exists should absolutely be abolished.

ICE as it currently exists is not the same as previous immigration enforcement which was under a different department, with a different mission statement, and more oversight. ICE as it exists should absolutely be abolished.

I agree. But what comes after ICE is far more important than changing the name of the agency in charge of immigration enforcement. It’s also a stupid slogan.

I don't think its a stupid slogan if you actually want to abolish ICE. It's a bad slogan for democrats because they don't want to abolish ICE. This is a pretty good demonstration of how liberals will co opt and ruin a leftist position.

Abolish ICE is like conservative screaming abolish social security its a stupid slogan that’s going no where.

Back