• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

[h=1]Chuck Schumer Is Greatly Overestimating Trump’s Popularity[/h] [h=2]The midterms were a stunning referendum. Democratic leaders should act accordingly.[/h]https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/11/donald-trump-unpopularity-chuck-schumer.html

Bold prediction. If Schumer runs for re-election in 2024, AOC will primary him.

Bolder prediction. If she wins, she will be on the short list of 2028 frontrunners.
In the immigration thread you had mentioned the need for short term (as well as long term) solutions to the current immigration problem. Do you believe that Democrats offering concessions to Trump such as 2 billion for the wall, will lead to short term solutions?

In the immigration thread you had mentioned the need for short term (as well as long term) solutions to the current immigration problem. Do you believe that Democrats offering concessions to Trump such as 2 billion for the wall, will lead to short term solutions?

No. That's why I posted the article.

You're grossly misrepresenting what I said. I said your long term solutions of addressing issues in South America wasn't enough because there are people at the border who need our help. We need short-term help for them.

Where were the Ph pleas for help when those at the border were gassed under the Obama administration??

No. That's why I posted the article.

You're grossly misrepresenting what I said. I said your long term solutions of addressing issues in South America wasn't enough because there are people at the border who need our help. We need short-term help for them.
It's just a question. You said we need short term solutions, which I agree with.. I'm just curious if you believe short term solutions are even possible under Trump, by making the type of concessions that Schumer is offering. IMO, offering any good faith to Trump is either a fools errand, or insidiously motivated. I am absolutely partisan and I would prefer total gridlock over most any form of bipartisanship with Republicans, with very few exceptions (Yemen?)

Last edited:
You quoted my answer to your question.

Dems will never learn

MDMH would have had an aneurysm if he heard McCaskill interviewed on NPR this morning as she packed up her office. said the Dems need to embrace moderates as it is the path to 60 in the Senate.

MDMH would have had an aneurysm if he heard McCaskill interviewed on NPR this morning as she packed up her office. said the Dems need to embrace moderates as it is the path to 60 in the Senate.

In today's climate? 60 is impossible for either side.

yes well the Senator packing up her office to move out is probably not the best predictor on how to win more senate seats

Especially in a state that passed minimum wage increase, passed medical marijuana and fucking crushed right to work.

kanyeshrug.jpg

"If its a choice between a genuine Republican and a Republican in Democrat clothing, the people will choose the genuine article every time."

kanyeshrug.jpg

"If its a choice between a genuine Republican and a Republican in Democrat clothing, the people will choose the genuine article every time."

Or a Democrat in Republican clothing. This should be the Democrat motto going forward. Democrat policies are more popular than Democrats. Last election Republicans were promising to save Medicare and pre-existing conditions. Flip the script on them.

Back