• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Bold prediction. If Schumer runs for re-election in 2024, AOC will primary him.

Bolder prediction. If she wins, she will be on the short list of 2028 frontrunners.

This could be coincidence. Or her Twitter game is that strong.

'This is a disgrace': Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez slams her future colleagues in Congress for employing unpaid interns and failing to pay staffers a 'living wage'

https://www.businessinsider.com/ale...tm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-bi

Ocasio-Cortez's tweet came just a few hours after a reporter noted that Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, another New York Democrat, is hiring an unpaid intern. And her message may have made an immediate impact, because later on Monday Schumer's office announced the job posting had been made "in error" and that his interns will be paid a stipend in the new congress.

"Republicans would do well not to underestimate her."

-A GOP staffer I am acquainted with.

Ha, I worked in one of those "paid internships" on the hill and my stipend for 6 months of work was like $500.

Republicans are social media illiterate for the most part and AOC is just straight bodying people on Twitter, day in, day out. And they keep picking fights that make them seem exactly like the rich, entitled, whitewashed, unrelatable douchetwats that they are. I’m all about it, I wish I lived in her district.

AOC is the first social media native in Congress. She was a teenager when Facebook and Twitter launched. She’s 5 years younger than the younger member of this Congress. Congress just isn’t ready for her.

AOC is the first social media native in Congress. She was a teenager when Facebook and Twitter launched. She’s 5 years younger than the younger member of this Congress. Congress just isn’t ready for her.

She also seems to believe what she talks about. Inspiring for voters and terrifying for most politicians.

She also seems to believe what she talks about. Inspiring for voters and terrifying for most politicians.

Well said. She checks a box few elected Democrats actually check.

She has lived her message and unlike Republicans, that message does not waver. There has not been any, “well yes, but...” from AOC. She’s a boss.

Agree. Her Twitter is a must follow and you can tell the GOP is shook because all they can muster up are cheap shots about her clothes and other things, like some kid on a school playground

Agree. Her Twitter is a must follow and you can tell the GOP is shook because all they can muster up are cheap shots about her clothes and other things, like some kid on a school playground

The worst thing they can say is that the 29 year old Congresswoman doesn’t know XYZ after they’ve spend decades demonizing experts and electing people proud of their ignorance.

I’m still skeptical of AOC’s policy ideas but the rest of her party could learn a lot from her twitter feed and the way she fights ridiculous attacks from the GOP. She will make mistakes but her authenticity is a breath of fresh air right now.

It's frustrating to see people who don't get it. Democrats need a candidate who won't play Trump's game and who will drive the election narratives. This episode showed Warren is not going to do that and doesn't see that it needs to be done.

Warren to me seems a little like the democratic version of a Jeb Bush, with no real base of support in this environment. Leftists don't really care for her, centrists don't like her. Who is really pushing for a Warren run?

Warren to me seems a little like the democratic version of a Jeb Bush, with no real base of support in this environment. Leftists don't really care for her, centrists don't like her. Who is really pushing for a Warren run?

s-l300.jpg

She’s not Jeb. She’s a high energy wonk.

Back