• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Yeah. He checks off the boxes of what typically works to get Dems to show up to vote.

Young, likeable, effective communicator, and took Cruz down to the wire in a seat Dems typically have no business challenging for.

Young, likeable, effective communicator, and took Cruz down to the wire in a seat Dems typically have no business challenging for.

And led a ton of down ballot wins in areas where Democrats traditionally haven’t been competitive.

ugh, more cult of personality

Welcome to American democracy. Glad to see you’re learning what you should have learned during 1st grade class elections. People want their leaders to have personality and be likable.

Welcome to American democracy. Glad to see you’re learning what you should have learned during 1st grade class elections. People want their leaders to have personality and be likable.

Ted Cruz excepted

Well, about 70% of them do. The other 30% want their leaders to be as big an asshole as possible. At least in 2018 they do.

I’m in for Beto in 2020. Think that dude is like lightning in a bottle

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Blue Wave Edition

Well, about 70% of them do. The other 30% want their leaders to be as big an asshole as possible. At least in 2018 they do.

One man’s personality is another man’s asshole.

Republicans don’t care about personality as much as Democrats do but let’s not discount that Trump has one hell of a personality. There’s a reason he’s consistently been in the media for the last 40 years.

I’m still skeptical of AOC’s policy ideas but the rest of her party could learn a lot from her twitter feed and the way she fights ridiculous attacks from the GOP. She will make mistakes but her authenticity is a breath of fresh air right now.

Agreed. She's still raw politics-wise, but I do like the fact that she actually fights back against Fox, other right-wing media outlets, and right-wing politicians, and often does so with some very clever and pointed tweets and posts. Not that it will stop the usual barrage of attacks, of course, but at least she's making sure that she gets heard and lands some hits of her own in the process. Schumer could really use some of that attitude.

style over substance is definitely the American way

doesn't mean I'mma like it

One man’s personality is another man’s asshole.

Republicans don’t care about personality as much as Democrats do but let’s not discount that Trump has one hell of a personality. There’s a reason he’s consistently been in the media for the last 40 years.

Fair point.

Democrats need to fall in love, Republicans need to fall in line. It makes sense that they appreciate assholes.

I mean, Pelosi, Schumer, Reid, Booker- its not like the Dems don't have some huge assholes that get elected as well.

Back