• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

‘Many’ dead, former student in custody after school shooting at Stoneman Douglas High in Broward

A teacher at the school told the Miami Herald that Cruz, 19, had been identified as a potential threat to fellow students in the past.

“We were told last year that he wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack on him,” said math teacher Jim Gard, who said the former student suspected in the shootings had been in his class last year. “There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus.”

Gard says he believes the school administration had sent out an email warning teachers that the student had made threats against others in the past and that he should not be allowed on the campus with a backpack. Another student interviewed on the scene by Channel 7 said the student had guns at home.

The President waited less than 48 hours to blame Colts LB Edwin Jackson's death on illegal immigration, I think we board peasants are entitled to say what we want when we want after numerous school shootings in the calendar year 2018.

This. Every conversation I have had with someone who is in favor of a wall/deporting illegal immigrants uses some example of a crime committed by an illegal immigrant.

Al Queda, Muslims, illegal immigrants are not the biggest threat, people. Damn.

The President waited less than 48 hours to blame Colts LB Edwin Jackson's death on illegal immigration, I think we board peasants are entitled to say what we want when we want after numerous school shootings in the calendar year 2018.

nope

ard says he believes the school administration had sent out an email warning teachers that the student had made threats against others in the past and that he should not be allowed on the campus with a backpack. Another student interviewed on the scene by Channel 7 said the student had guns at home.

Well I'm glad we've identified the threat. Backpacks.

02.gif

That video is horrific.

I'm still shaking a bit after watching/hearing that.

If the count stays at 14, it would still the deadliest school shooting since Sandy Hook, by a wide margin.

Cruz, eh? Now we know what Trump, the NRA, and their toadies will be focusing on as the "real" problem here.

At least 16 dead. Horrible. And the fucker didn't even have the decency to take his own life.

At least 16 dead. Horrible. And the fucker didn't even have the decency to take his own life.

I’d rather have them alive, learn what we can from them, and make them spend eternity in prison.

sheriff confirms 17 killed. a few outside the school. a few at the hospital.

Richard Burr second highest career recipient of N.R.A. funding - $6,986,620

What we know about Florida school shooting suspect Nikolaus Cruz

Quote:
----------
A federal official has identified the Florida school shooting suspect as 19-year-old Nikolaus Cruz. Here's what we know about Cruz:

...Cruz was a former student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Israel didn't give details of when Cruz had attended the school but did say that Cruz was not currently enrolled.

According to other students, Cruz was the subject of jokes from other kids. A student told WFOR-TV that other students "knew it was going to be him."

"A lot of people were saying it was going to be him. A lot of kids threw jokes around saying that he was going to be the one to shoot up the school," the student said. "It turns out that everyone predicted it. That's crazy."

Seventeen-year-old junior Matthew Walker spoke to ABC News, saying Cruz was known to show off knives and guns on his social media accounts.

"He was going class to class just shooting at random kids," he said. "Everything he posts [on social media] is about weapons. It's sick."
----------

Jesus fucking Christ.

Why the fuck have we not done a thing on gun safety?

This is absurd.

not the time guys. come on. more thoughts and prayers.

Back