• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

New or amended constitution anybody?

...or maybe just some better gun control laws?

What we know about Florida school shooting suspect Nikolaus Cruz

Quote:
----------
A federal official has identified the Florida school shooting suspect as 19-year-old Nikolaus Cruz. Here's what we know about Cruz:

...Cruz was a former student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Israel didn't give details of when Cruz had attended the school but did say that Cruz was not currently enrolled.

According to other students, Cruz was the subject of jokes from other kids. A student told WFOR-TV that other students "knew it was going to be him."

"A lot of people were saying it was going to be him. A lot of kids threw jokes around saying that he was going to be the one to shoot up the school," the student said. "It turns out that everyone predicted it. That's crazy."

Seventeen-year-old junior Matthew Walker spoke to ABC News, saying Cruz was known to show off knives and guns on his social media accounts.

"He was going class to class just shooting at random kids," he said. "Everything he posts [on social media] is about weapons. It's sick."
----------

So he’s a proud gun owner who brags about weapons on social media. Not a surprise.

I would like to officially go on the record and say, that if by some unfortunate circumstance I am a victim in a mass shooting (or any shooting really), I give permission for the immediate discussion of how to prevent others from meeting the same fate. No need to wait - no need for thoughts and prayers. Go ahead and discuss how to prevent future victims. In fact, I will be insulted if my death is in vain and that discussion doesn't happen.

I would like to officially go on the record and say, that if by some unfortunate circumstance I am a victim in a mass shooting (or any shooting really), I give permission for the immediate discussion of how to prevent others from meeting the same fate. No need to wait - no need for thoughts and prayers. Go ahead and discuss how to prevent future victims. In fact, I will be insulted if my death is in vain and that discussion doesn't happen.

Seconded. Use me for political purposes and plaster my photo everywhere. Don't be polite about it either.

If it helps save one kid's life, I am 1000% in.

In fact, put me on your campaign poster with the following statement:

"Fuck your thoughts and prayers. Do something."

Sincerely,

Newenglanddeac

Seconded. Use me for political purposes and plaster my photo everywhere. Don't be polite about it either.

If it helps save one kid's life, I am 1000% in.

I’m cool saving anyone’s life by using my tragedy. I care about everyone, just like Jesus and not like NED.

I’m cool saving anyone’s life by using my tragedy. I care about everyone, just like Jesus and not like NED.

Sorry anyone's life. Not just a kid's.

But it does feel like kids are disproportionately bearing the brunt of this epidemic.

If I’m the victim of a mass shooting I want my corpse dismembered and scattered on the desks of all the scumbag politicians making their career off of blood money. Smear every last drop of my blood on their doorknobs so they know what’s on their hands.

Sorry anyone's life. Not just a kid's.

But it does feel like kids are disproportionately bearing the brunt of this epidemic.

Like every other epidemic. Pick one. Kids take it the hardest. If they don’t lose their lives, they lose their parents.

First to be in with thoughts and prayers for the school shooting coming this Friday.

food for thought

FGcrSYl.png

Back