• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

The House of Representatives couldn’t even be bothered to hold a moment of silence today. The GOP has literally stopped even offering thoughts or prayers.

Massachusetts has some of the toughest restrictions on gun sales in the country and there are still more gun outlets (stores? I don’t know the best term to use) than cities and towns combined. That’s wild

Massachusetts has some of the toughest restrictions on gun sales in the country and there are still more gun outlets (stores? I don’t know the best term to use) than cities and towns combined. That’s wild

"To put things in perspective:

In the US, there are approximately 50,271 more gun stores than McDonald's. Specifically, there are 14,146 McDonald's (as of December 2016) and 64,417 firearm dealers nationwide (as of September 2017).
There are approximately 32,927 more gun stores than coffee shops (31,490 as of December 2015).
There are approximately 39,017 more gun stores than grocery stores (25,400 as of December 2016).
There are approximately 54,017 more gun stores than 7-11s (10,400 as of 2017).

http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-dealers-stores-mcdonalds-las-vegas-shooting-2017-10

3c8e510c478a3f7b40a796506931bc47.jpg

I guess we’ll revisit this conversation again in a couple weeks.

Rhetorical question - but where the heck are they? Aside from a Walmart, if someone said "take me to your gun store" I'd have no idea where to begin. I'm probably just not paying attention when I see them.

I imagine many of these are mom and pop operations. How is it Walmart, Bass Pro Shops, and such haven’t put them out of business?

I imagine many of these are mom and pop operations. How is it Walmart, Bass Pro Shops, and such haven’t put them out of business?

Wal-Mart doesn’t sell anything other than hunting gear. No handguns or expensive tactical gear, iirc.

Back