• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

I'd make a sizable bet that the student leaders at Parkland won't be invited by Trump and the ones who will be there will be kissing Trump's ass.

"Mr. President, you've done such a tremendous job and everyone loves you. Between the tax cuts, peace in the Middle East, and ending the opiod crisis, you truly have made America great again. What is your plan to arm teachers?"

"Mr. President, you've done such a tremendous job and everyone loves you. Between the tax cuts, peace in the Middle East, and ending the opiod crisis, you truly have made America great again. What is your plan to arm teachers?"

don't forget a generous "thank you for giving us the opportunity to vote for you"

Don’t Let My Classmates’ Deaths Be in Vain

My parents worked hard to leave war-torn Lebanon so that their children would never have to experience the violence and loss that they did. My dad was a first-aid volunteer with the Lebanese Red Cross. He continued his engineering education, worked for General Electric in France and was transferred to the United States. My family lived in Utah; Colorado, where I was born; Minnesota; and finally Florida. My parents chose Parkland to settle in because of Marjory Stoneman Douglas’s stellar reputation, and because we thought that it was a safe place to live. But that isn’t true anymore. The promise of safety and security failed us.

We need to vote for those who are for stricter laws and kick out those who won’t take action. We need to expose the truth about gun violence and the corruption around guns. Please.

Rick Scott has a tough tightrope to walk given that he wants to run for Senate in 2018. His strategy to blame the FBI isn't catching on like he had hoped.

Here’s What It’s Like At The Headquarters Of The Teens Working To Stop Mass Shootings

In these moments, the group repeated a mantra, reminding one another that they were doing this for the students — their classmates — who died on Valentine’s Day. They don’t want this to happen to other “kids,” they said, as if they weren’t kids themselves.

The week ahead is mapped out on whiteboards that were purchased at Target. On the boards are the names of the organizers, with their commitments for the week, and green tape dividing the days in makeshift fashion. Major news network appointments are mixed in with the times of funerals.

Wisconsin GOP just re-wrote a dem bill requiring background checks changing it to armed guards at all schools

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wisconsin-gop-outmaneuvers-democrats-controls-gun-bill-021454334.html

Gun lobby has a powerful grip on that party

I'll take this moment to point out that Scott Walker is refusing to call special elections for empty state legislative seats in Wisconsin because he is afraid Republicans will lose them.

Scott Walker's rejection of representative democracy is shameful

these kids are about to learn a harsh lesson about American democracy

Last edited:
How long until the gun-nuts start saying that these kids are all theater geeks/gays and don't represent red blooded America? Probably is already happening.

Well they're already using the term "crisis actors."

Some good stuff on the twitters.

tps://twitter.com/socarolinesays/status/9661519439986ttps://twitter.com/socarolinesays/status/96615194399
DWh2EH4XkAAUlMb.jpg

Back