• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

david-and-goliath.png

The victim had 8 siblings. Man.

Props to the sheriff's department for conducting a full investigation. Props to the "good guy with a gun" for not popping up all over conservative media to take credit for something he didn't do.

It sounds crazy and stupid, but it can't really hurt anything can it? We went through active shooter training here in my building and were instructed to run/hide/confront. I was told to pick up something to hit a shooter with in my hiding place. I was hiding in a computer room so I picked up a power strip off the table and felt like a fucking asshole standing there holding it waiting for a pretend shooter to come through the door and thinking to myself "we can't just tighten gun regulations? I gotta go through this shit at my job?" so holding rocks is to me not much more fucking asinine.

It sounds crazy and stupid, but it can't really hurt anything can it? We went through active shooter training here in my building and were instructed to run/hide/confront. I was told to pick up something to hit a shooter with in my hiding place. I was hiding in a computer room so I picked up a power strip off the table and felt like a fucking asshole standing there holding it waiting for a pretend shooter to come through the door and thinking to myself "we can't just tighten gun regulations? I gotta go through this shit at my job?" so holding rocks is to me not much more fucking asinine.

At least a power strip gives you a chance. Think how fucked you would be if you were still surrounded by quiches.

Never heard of a mass shooting targeting a geology department.

This is basically it

Yeah, but providing for long-term mental health care for these disturbed kids costs money, and if the kid buys a gun it makes gun makers and the gun lobby happy. It's just cheaper to pay and train teachers and school staff to shoot the kid after they try to use the gun on their classmates and faculty. Plus, arming teachers and staff means that even more guns will need to be purchased, which will make gun makers and the gun lobby even happier. From the right-wing perspective, that's a win-win scenario.

This is basically it

It’s a horrible thing to say but it’s hard to argue against it given how conservatives celebrated the Maryland shooting.

This Youtube shooter is an interesting case, if only for being a woman.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/04/what-we-know-about-youtube-shooter-nasim-aghdam.html

But it goes deeper, she's pissed at Youtube for demonetizing smaller channels like hers. This is something I've seen a lot of smaller channels complain about lately, though they do so with fewer bullets. Apparently her videos focus on veganism and yoga and her name, Nasim Agdham, is all Muslim sounding so many on the right are claiming "victory" on this one.

Strangely, left could use this a argument for at least eliminating assault weapons, shooter could only hit three targets with her pistol as opposed to many more with an assault rifle. Moral victory.

Strangely, left could use this a argument for at least eliminating assault weapons, shooter could only hit three targets with her pistol as opposed to many more with an assault rifle. Moral victory.

It’s hard to find the strength to pull the trigger on Hummus alone. Had she eaten a rare Ribeye there would have been greater carnage. So, actually, from the Left perspective this is a good promo for bean chewing.

Back