• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

If men carried embryos to a full term delivery abortion and birth control would be free and easy to access.

If men carried embryos to a full term delivery abortion and birth control would be free and easy to access.

It’s an equality issue. Women should have the same right as men to not to carry a pregnancy to term.

But that is exactly the logic that was used to attack me. Simply admitting to being a Republican makes me personally responsible for the gun issues in this country. That is what people took from my post - instead of discussing the pros and cons of my suggestions.

I think mostly people are marveling at the dissonance in your seemingly eager identification with a group who not only disagrees with everything you posted but is actively working to make sure none of it will happen.

It’s an equality issue. Women should have the same right as men to not to carry a pregnancy to term.

Equality is awesome is most situations. Unfortunately, nature has ensured that men and women cannot be equal when it comes to pregnancy and giving birth. Women can do it, men can't. Therefore, equality does not enter into the equation here.

Apology accepted.

"blood and tissue". I am still actually amazed that someone would phrase it that way. That is an unborn baby, at least have the balls to call it what it is. I would have much more respect for the pro-abortion movement if they would just tell it like it is - they want to be able to kill unborn babies, at least up to a point, that are unplanned and unwanted.

Equality is awesome is most situations. Unfortunately, nature has ensured that men and women cannot be equal when it comes to pregnancy and giving birth. Women can do it, men can't. Therefore, equality does not enter into the equation here.

That’s not how equality works. Equal is women having the choice to do just like men instead of forcing them to carry a pregnancy to term.

That’s not how equality works. Equal is women having the choice to do just like men instead of forcing them to carry a pregnancy to term.

You are not making sense. Women cannot "do just like men" in this situation - men can never been in the position to make that choice.

"blood and tissue". I am still actually amazed that someone would phrase it that way. That is an unborn baby, at least have the balls to call it what it is. I would have much more respect for the pro-abortion movement if they would just tell it like it is - they want to be able to kill unborn babies, at least up to a point, that are unplanned and unwanted.

Does this mean you are withdrawing your apology?

Last edited:
You are not making sense. Women cannot "do just like men" in this situation - men can never been in the position to make that choice.

If men conceive a baby, they don’t have to carry it. If women conceive a baby, they don’t have to carry it.

That would be equality.

If men conceive a baby, they don’t have to carry it. If women conceive a baby, they have to carry it to term.

That would be inequality.

We have a safe way to give women the same rights as men and you want to take that option away from women.

And on top of that Republicans demonize single moms. Whether it’s Reagan’s “welfare queens,” Dan Quayle’s weird obsession with Murphy Brown, Republicans consistently working to give as little help as possible to women who actually decide not to have an abortion. There’s no internal logic. If it was actually about the life of an unborn child, Republicans would provide government incentives to carry a pregnancy to term and raise a child. They don’t. And it’s gotten more and more expensive to raise children. If Republicans earnestly wanted to prevent abortion, they’d be for free child care, quality public education, SNAP benefits, family leave. They’re not. People like us are flabbergasted that people like you don’t understand this.

I used to be anti-abortion, even a “values voter.” Then I actually thought about the totality of each party’s policies and saw Republicans just want to control women. The anti-abortion movement was a response to women’s liberation and a cynical attempt to get Catholics on board with pro-segregation Republicans. Once you think past the haughty Christian rhetoric, the pro-life stance lacks internal consistency.

Last edited:
The blood and tissue is amazing, omnipotent cells would be ideal but pluripotent do just fine. Grow them, differentiate them, maybe stick them into some irradiated mice to make humanized mouse models, the possibilities are endless!

I wonder if one of those teens killed at the Michigan high school this week had a fetus in her uterus, would conservatives finally want gun control? Nah.

I wonder if one of those teens killed at the Michigan high school this week had a fetus in her uterus, would conservatives finally want gun control? Nah.

Are you kidding? Conservatives hate pregnant teens.

If men conceive a baby, they don’t have to carry it. If women conceive a baby, they don’t have to carry it.

That would be equality.

If men conceive a baby, they don’t have to carry it. If women conceive a baby, they have to carry it to term.

That would be inequality.

We have a safe way to give women the same rights as men and you want to take that option away from women.

And on top of that Republicans demonize single moms. Whether it’s Reagan’s “welfare queens,” Dan Quayle’s weird obsession with Murphy Brown, Republicans consistently working to give as little help as possible to women who actually decide not to have an abortion. There’s no internal logic. If it was actually about the life of an unborn child, Republicans would provide government incentives to carry a pregnancy to term and raise a child. They don’t. And it’s gotten more and more expensive to raise children. If Republicans earnestly wanted to prevent abortion, they’d be for free child care, quality public education, SNAP benefits, family leave. They’re not. People like us are flabbergasted that people like you don’t understand this.

I used to be anti-abortion, even a “values voter.” Then I actually thought about the totality of each party’s policies and saw Republicans just want to control women. The anti-abortion movement was a response to women’s liberation and a cynical attempt to get Catholics on board with pro-segregation Republicans. Once you think past the haughty Christian rhetoric, the pro-life stance lacks internal consistency.

Men can help conceive a child, they cannot get pregnant or carry the child. There is no way to make men and women equal in this situation, no matter what logical hoops you try to jump through - nature has made sure of that.

This is not a control issue, or a rights issue, or an issue of autonomy, or equality, or even necessarily a religious issue. Either you think an unborn child is a life separate and distinct from the mother and is worth protecting - or you don't.

And, I know first hand that no one gets more government assistance than single mothers. I am not saying it is necessarily enough and I have no idea who had a hand in setting the system up the way it is now - but I know there are a myriad of programs and assistance available specifically to single mothers.

Men can help conceive a child, they cannot get pregnant or carry the child. There is no way to make men and women equal in this situation, no matter what logical hoops you try to jump through - nature has made sure of that.

This is not a control issue, or a rights issue, or an issue of autonomy, or equality, or even necessarily a religious issue. Either you think an unborn child is a life separate and distinct from the mother and is worth protecting - or you don't.

And, I know first hand that no one gets more government assistance than single mothers. I am not saying it is necessarily enough and I have no idea who had a hand in setting the system up the way it is now - but I know there are a myriad of programs and assistance available specifically to single mothers.

there is an easy way to make this equal - let women decide

"unborn baby" is like "boneless wing"

they're both rhetorical constructions designed to get you to imagine one more recognizable whole when really you're talking about a completely different incomplete thing

"telling it like it is" would mean using fetus or nugget, please

Last edited:
Good comparison.

Back