• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

With notable exceptions, the gap between their personal choices and loudly purported values leaves me little choice. How many examples do you need?

Can you give me your top two examples?

Can you give me your top two examples?

1. What percentage of left-leaning posters have their kids in private schools/went to private schools themselves and yet oppose school choice for other people's kids?
2. Not a one of them actually would raise their kids with the victim mentality/oppressor narrative they are attempting to foist on other people's kids. Of course they know better and privately don't act this way. That's probably why they're so loud about letting everyone know how strongly they "believe" it. Again, just look at their choices.

1. Less than you seem to think
2. That narrative is not what people say here at all, that’s what you twist it into and get repeatedly corrected

Of course it is, and it leverages wealth exclusive to them. That's a choice reserved for people like them. Others can and will accept their assigned public school.

"School Choice" and "choosing to send your kid to private school" are different things. like most conservatives, you're just intentionally conflating them to flail at a point

"School Choice" and "choosing to send your kid to private school" are different things. like most conservatives, you're just intentionally conflating them to flail at a point

"The book says math is racist!!"

Because there's definitely no policy your party could support that would give people who can't afford the schools you've chosen to send your kids to, right? Because if there was, you'd totally support the same choice for other people's kids as you've made for your own. If only someone would think of a way...

Can we get back on topic how the lady was good at math but had to hire a 4th grade tutor and forgo insurance because they didn’t know things like 120 > 115 and 35 x 100 is 3500. Probably just needed school choice!

Can we get back on topic how the lady was good at math but had to hire a 4th grade tutor and forgo insurance because they didn’t know things like 120 > 115 and 35 x 100 is 3500. Probably just needed school choice!

Again, math is racist!

Because there's definitely no policy your party could support that would give people who can't afford the schools you've chosen to send your kids to, right? Because if there was, you'd totally support the same choice for other people's kids as you've made for your own. If only someone would think of a way...

yeah the policy is "universal preschool" b/c everyone has to pay for preschool but conservatives think that's a terrible idea

you're the one who repeatedly asked specifically about me and my kids, you dolt

I don't really care what choices you make for your own kids, other than they reveal what you actually believe. I care why you don't support the same choices for other people's kids. Seems a bit, IDK, hypocritical.

I only discuss ongoing gun violence in this thread as it is designated for ongoing gun violence, so if you can reframe your school choice into being about more options to be gunned down at then you may continue.

Last edited:
Back