• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Oh poor Cwiss doesn’t understand his history. Or he chooses not, to be fair it is much easier to live in ignorance.

Do I need to post MLK’s quote about white moderates next?

You can go back to your bubble, your T’s and P’s are noted, feel free to post them on Facebook. Gotta rack up those Liberal brownie points.
You can compound your self absorbed understanding of history if you want?

You can compound your self absorbed understanding of history if you want?

Just give up dude. FDR is the most progressive president this nation has ever had by light years. He was also the last president to stand up to a real fascist movement, both here and abroad. It’s not hard to understand, if Biden had 10% FDR’s of resolve we would be in a far better place.

Now go submit that guilt removing charitable donation that you can write off on your taxes.

I’d respect conservatives more if they just say, “I love guns and don’t care how many people have to die so I can play with them.”

Just give up dude. FDR is the most progressive president this nation has ever had by light years. He was also the last president to stand up to a real fascist movement, both here and abroad. It’s not hard to understand, if Biden had a 10% FDR’s of resolve we would be in a far better place.
We didn't even enter World War II until we were directly attacked on US soil by a foreign enemy. And then he locked up American citizens in internment camps.

Any US President was in the war at that point.

You more closely align with a much more radical progressivism than FDR.

He is organizing this strike that he is demanding we all participate in apparently.

We didn't even enter World War II until we were directly attacked on US soil by a foreign enemy. And then he locked up American citizens in internment camps.

Any US President was in the war at that point.

You more closely align with a much more radical progressivism than FDR.

I appreciate the compliment but FDR literally created the American welfare state, even I don't have that vision. He bullied the white fascist Supreme Court into backing down and used the media to shame and embarrass his shithead right wing opponents. Do yourself a favor and google the 1933 Business Plot and Smedley Clark, fascism was alive and thriving in early 1930's America. There's a reason that Lincoln and FDR are our two greatest presidents, they did what it took to save this nation. Does Joe or any other centrist Dem have that in them?

What exactly are you doing that is so courageous by comparison?

Nothing really, I tried to become involved in the Democratic Party last campaign cycle and quickly realized that it was a complete waste of time. Just a bunch of hacks trying to stroke their own egos.

Sadly all I can think of right now is to keep making Liberals uncomfortable so they don't become predictably complacent, but i'm open to ideas.

Nothing really, I tried to become involved in the Democratic Party last campaign cycle and quickly realized that it was a complete waste of time. Just a bunch of hacks trying to stroke their own egos.

Sadly all I can think of right now is to keep making Liberals uncomfortable so they don't become predictably complacent, but i'm open to ideas.

Goddamn. Take some of your new found wealth and donate it here:

https://www.everytown.org

Already done, I’ve donated after a few different mass shootings, but I’ll be honest donating isn’t how we win. Most of that money is headed into the jaws of our bureaucratic machine that solely exists to profit from moments like yesterday.

Sign up on their list and volunteer to make calls or go to events/rallies or something. They text me all the time to call some senator or mayor or some politician’s office when legislation is coming up for a vote.

It’s pretty fucking awesome that all day you’ve been here calling other people cowards and complicit when all you’ve done your self is throw a little money at the problem and call other people cowards.

Sign up on their list and volunteer to make calls or go to events/rallies or something. They text me all the time to call some senator or mayor or some politician’s office when legislation is coming up for a vote.

It’s pretty fucking awesome that all day you’ve been here calling other people cowards and complicit when all you’ve done your self is throw a little money at the problem and call other people cowards.

Calls don't matter. Events/rallies don't matter. Shaming and making the lives our of public officials uncomfortable is all that matters, it is the only way anything ever changes. When they're ready to do that, let me know. Until then it is just cosplay.

Calls don't matter. Events/rallies don't matter. Shaming and making the lives our of public officials uncomfortable is all that matters, it is the only way anything ever changes. When they're ready to do that, let me know. Until then it is just cosplay.

Yeah, cool ITC is right. Your waiting on someone else to create an opportunity for you to harass a public official. Good work brasky.

If the reports of law enforcement engaging this kid outside the school are accurate, I'm not sure I can contain my rage.

It's my understanding that multiple officers engaged him, radioed for backup, and watched him go in the school. Meanwhile a teacher reportedly threw herself in front of bullets to save her students.

Maybe we can stop pretending being a cop is such a dangerous job and recognize teachers for what they do.

So in short all talk no action.

Yeah, cool ITC is right. Your waiting on someone else to create an opportunity for you to harass a public official. Good work brasky.

Whatever helps you sleep fellas. At least you get to wake up in the morning. I’ll be here when you’re ready for real change to actually occur.

Last edited:
Back