• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

An "illegal?"

Ibarra is not a U.S. citizen, but his status in the country could not be immediately verified. Investigators say he came from Venezuela but did not offer his current immigration status in the U.S.

Assuming he's undocumented, it's a shame nobody's done anything to try and impose stricter border security.

We have plenty of “legals” murdering people in this country every day. Your immigration status say nothing about your ability to take someone’s life

imagine this guy had a knife or a bat or just his two hands. Wonder if he wishes he never bought a gun or if he still thinks they are cool

Imagine if he had been charged with a felony and sent to jail for a good while for pulling a gun out. During a dispute at a basketball game instead of getting a misdemeanor. Five days in jail, and two years probation that ended a week before he shot up a crowd.

Yeah I’m in favor of that as well.

Wonder if this guy had any priors:

Nothing gruesome, but still very disturbing video imo

Not sure about priors, but if this was known to authorities then it seems like the exact type of a case red flag laws exist to prevent
Police said it's not the first time David Contreras threatened to shoot his son. Last May, police said he shot at the ceiling, and on Halloween, just days before the fatal shooting, he pointed a gun at his son.

Seems like the kids are fine. Not sure what the big fuss is about. Just a couple superficial bullet wounds.

Florida is such a cesspool.
Yeah. I never use my pen or make any kind of hand gesture anymore. I use to give a giant sarcastic thumps up at people that would cut me off, or pass on a double yellow, or whatever, but not any more. I dont want my thumb shot off.

Looks like only way to share this piece to broadly is via “X” (which I try to avoid).

Oh well…

We have plenty of “legals” murdering people in this country every day. Your immigration status say nothing about your ability to take someone’s life
Actually, it does: Contrary to public perception, we observe considerably lower felony arrest rates among undocumented immigrants compared to legal immigrants and native-born US citizens and find no evidence that undocumented criminality has increased in recent years.

what my theory presupposes is:

Maybe David was actually the bad guy b/c a skilled slinger/skirmisher/hunter vs a spear wielding guy with minimarl armor seems more like a guy with a gun vs a guy with a knife

Back