• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

That'll cost money. It's "only" one city a year at risk.
It's a win-win for the team though. They get to sell tickets, charge for parking, sell concessions, open up the merch shop with superbowl stuff.

I guess I didn't consider selling tix. Could prob work and a lower price point might bring people that normally couldn't afford tix.

I guess I didn't consider selling tix. Could prob work and a lower price point might bring people that normally couldn't afford tix.
Oh yeah there's zero chance the cost isn't passed along to the fans

More like a self-defense claim. The other guy was going to “get” him.

“…An analysis of sensor distribution in US cities in the leaked data set found that, in aggregate, nearly 70 percent of people who live in a neighborhood with at least one SoundThinking sensor identified in the ACS data as either Black or Latine. Nearly three-quarters of these neighborhoods are majority nonwhite, and the average household earns a little more than $50,000 a year.

Looking at individual jurisdictions, the pattern appeared the same. Winston-Salem, North Carolina, for example, is approximately 43 percent white, but only 13 percent of the residents who live in areas that have at least one ShotSpotter device installed identify as white, according to ACS estimates…”

“In February, a leaked internal report from the State's Attorney’s Office in Illinois’ Cook County, where Chicago is located, found that nearly a third of arrests stemming from a ShotSpotter alert had nothing to do with a gun…”

Back