• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

There's nothing I can possibly say that will diffuse your views. There's nothing you can say that will change mine.

The reality is your views are grossly out of touch with the views of the majority of Americans. What you have on your side is the virtually limitless budgets of the gun industry who doesn't give a rat's ass about the safety of the American public or the US Constitution. All they care about is their bottom line.

In fact the more deaths and grotesque injuries their products cause, the better it is for them.

They use their billions to brainwash millions of people like you to justify their untamed and unquenched greed.

There's nothing I can possibly say that will diffuse your views. There's nothing you can say that will change mine.

The reality is your views are grossly out of touch with the views of the majority of Americans. What you have on your side is the virtually limitless budgets of the gun industry who doesn't give a rat's ass about the safety of the American public or the US Constitution. All they care about is their bottom line.

In fact the more deaths and grotesque injuries their products cause, the better it is for them.

They use their billions to brainwash millions of people like you to justify their untamed and unquenched greed.

I find it funny then that two CO lawmakers got recalled, yet Bloomberg lent his money to the cause. Chuck Schumer even told him to knock it off. I read something along the lines that Bloomberg and his clan outspent the recall side 6 to 1, yet those CO politicians are now unemployed. Why did Feinstein's addition to the background check bill fail 60 to 40 in the Senate?

Limitless budgets of the gun industry? What a laugh. Why are certain manufacturers leaving hostile states?

Fifteen and twenty round plus magazines have been around for decades, and are not new. The most cutting edge innovations regarding firearms within the last century or so are smokeless powder, non mercuric primers and corrosion-resistant finishes for steel, and that is about it. Semiauto handguns appeared in the last decade of the 1800s, and semiauto rifles and shotguns appeared in the first decade of the 20th century.

I think my disdain with certain politicians is that they think they are better than the average person, and deserve more protection, in that their guards might carry Glocks or whatever with fifteen round magazines, yet tell the citizenry that those same magazines are no good for self protection. What did Michael Bloomberg say and I paraphrase...

"There are times that I think we should infringe on your freedoms."

He was talking about the size of soda. Look that up as well. Check out the pronouns he used. I, we, your. Not "our government" and "our freedoms". I guess he does not fit. Food for thought...

Show me a single on of those politicians whose guards are using expanded magazines or shut up about it.

Your post is exactly how you have been programmed by the industry.

Show me a single on of those politicians whose guards are using expanded magazines or shut up about it.

Show me a single example of any politicians guards who are not exempt...

Does NY state's SAFE act qualify?

Last edited:

Get near Jerry Brown. I bet his guards have Glocks and what not with 15 to 17 round magazines. You are nothing more than a poo flicker...

I still don't understand why any civilian needs and expanded magazine. Could someone, anyone, explain that to me?

Interviewer: "Why do you want to climb Mt. Everest?"

George Mallory: "Because it's there."

Elkman,

Talk to me about these new "smart sniper rifles."

Was going through a backlog of reading materials this morning and saw a stat that the US is the leader in guns/people, at 90 guns/100 citizens, #2 on that list has 4 guns/100 citizens.

ETA- fixed numbers

Last edited:
Guns don't kill people. People with 90 guns each kill people.

Was going through a backlog of reading materials this morning and saw a stat that the US is the leader in guns/people, at 90 guns/citizen, #2 on that list has 4 guns/citizen.

so 310,000,000*90 = # of guns in america? wow

Back