• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

He totally did.

Can we talk more about this "inner city"? Where do I find them in America in 2015?

My guess is neither you nor knowell nor Raleigh actually read the opinion piece, because it's actually a takedown of aggressive police tactics, militarization, etc.

Well, your guess would be wrong, as I do not link to pieces I don't read. As one who trends in the libertarian direction, I have as much use for this version of law enforcement as I do for the Obama Justice Department's confiscation of someone's cash on the civil forfeiture front. Both smell of totalitarianism.

And I find it not surprising that someone wants the article to be on the fascism thread, as fascists are generally considered to be "conservatives."

Well, your guess would be wrong, as I do not link to pieces I don't read. As one who trends in the libertarian direction, I have as much use for this version of law enforcement as I do for the Obama Justice Department's confiscation of someone's cash on the civil forfeiture front. Both smell of totalitarianism.

And I find it not surprising that someone wants the article to be on the fascism thread, as fascists are generally considered to be "conservatives."

Party uber alles

If you read the headline "Multiple gunshot victims in critical condition," which country/location would spring to mind first?

So he shot at someone who had shot at him. How does that work legally?

And Patrick Ewing?

So he shot at someone who had shot at him. How does that work legally?

And Patrick Ewing?

During the entire incident he neither dribbled nor traveled amazingly.

LA becomes 2nd major California city to ban large-capacity gun magazines

The Los Angeles City Council voted unanimously to ban the possession of large-capacity gun magazines, following San Francisco to become the second major city in California to take that step.

The ordinance passed on Tuesday prohibits Los Angeles residents from possessing a handgun or rifle magazine that fits more than 10 rounds.

Residents would have 60 days after the law takes effect to remove, sell or transfer such magazines from city limits in compliance with state law, or to surrender them to the Los Angeles Police Department.

The legislation comes amid increasingly urgent debate following recent mass shootings in the United States, including last week’s movie theater shooting in Lafayette, Louisiana, and an attack on a historic black church in Charleston, South Carolina, last month.

The Los Angeles Times reported that the ban would not include police and military gun owners, licensed firearm dealers or people who obtained guns before 2000 that can only be used with large-capacity magazines.

Next week the city council will take up a proposed ordinance requiring gun owners to lock their firearms at home, and will consider an amendment to the gun magazine ordinance that would exempt retired police officers.

Can somebody please explain the bold to me?

To be fair, I didn't know their armor was strong enough to deflect bullets.

limiting gun access obviously because you can't "cure" mental illness

because it's just as easy to manufacture guns as distill moonshine and grow weed

Back