• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Knife Violence / Pittsburgh School Incident

DeaconOEF/OIFvet

Reaction score
Breaking

Multiple Students Reported Stabbed At Franklin Regional High School

MURRYSVILLE (KDKA) – Police and paramedics are on the scene of a stabbing at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville.
Dan Stevens with Westmoreland Emergency Management says 20-students have been injured, four of those are serious.
A school resource officer called in the stabbing at 7:13 a.m.

Forbes Hospital says 7 victims have been taken to their hospital, 1 victim has been flown to Allegheny General Hospital, and 2 taken to UPMC-Presby.

Police say the male suspect is in custody, and is reportedly a student at the school.

Hospital officials say patients range from 15-to-60-years old.

Three air medical helicopters were dispatched to the scene as well as dozens of ambulances.

According to a witness, the stabbings happened in the science wing of the building.

“One of the children that pulled the alarm, my daughter said, after the incident happened to clear the school. She reported to me it was a 10th grade student,” parent Tim Graham told KDKA.
Franklin Regional school district has canceled all elementary classes and say that high school and middle school students are secured.

Franklin Regional High School posted this statement on their website:

A critical incident has occurred at the high school. All elementary schools are cancelled, the middle school and high school students are secure. Additional information will be released as soon as possible. Please keep our campus clear of traffic.

Murrsville Police say all parents of students are to report to Heritage Elementary. Students will be transported there to be picked up.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014...ted-stabbed-at-franklin-regional-high-school/

If a student went on a similar shooting rampage, how many of the 20 would have been killed?

I'm sure this was during class change or early on when the halls were really full, but I feel like it's really really difficult to stab 20 people before you get stopped. I would have gotten the hell out of there pretty quickly.

Always enjoyable when the left uses a shooting as political fodder for gun control. Always enjoyable when the right uses a knife-attack as political fodder for gun rights.

Hope the fact that we have more kids being victims of violence doesn't get in anyone's way.

If every good kid in that school had a gun then they would have been able to stop this kid with the knife.

I'm sure this was during class change or early on when the halls were really full, but I feel like it's really really difficult to stab 20 people before you get stopped. I would have gotten the hell out of there pretty quickly.

The violence, Stevens said, happened in classrooms and a hallway. The suspect was handcuffed by a school resource officer, Murrysville Police Chief Thomas Seefeld said, and a school principal had "an interaction" with the suspect, leading to his apprehension.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/09/justice/pennsylvania-school-stabbing/

Always enjoyable when the left uses a shooting as political fodder for gun control. Always enjoyable when the right uses a knife-attack as political fodder for gun rights.

Hope the fact that we have more kids being victims of violence doesn't get in anyone's way.

I don't understand why people say the left is "using" a school shooting for gun control. The school shooting seems like a pretty compelling reason to have gun control. And I'm not anti-gun, I am, however, anti-kids-getting-shot-at-school.

I don't understand why people say the left is "using" a school shooting for gun control. The school shooting seems like a pretty compelling reason to have gun control. And I'm not anti-gun, I am, however, anti-kids-getting-shot-at-school.

I'm talking about those who just can't wait 5 minutes after a tragedy to start finger pointing- on both sides. The right is utterly notorious for it- see thread title. But you bet your ass the NRA is right now crafting some lunatic spin about how having armed teachers could've prevented this. Some other group is creating a nice steaming pile of shit about how this is the fault of liberals and public schools and the lack of vouchers and school prayer.

I'm talking about those who just can't wait 5 minutes after a tragedy to start finger pointing- on both sides. The right is utterly notorious for it- see thread title. But you bet your ass the NRA is right now crafting some lunatic spin about how having armed teachers could've prevented this. Some other group is creating a nice steaming pile of shit about how this is the fault of liberals and public schools and the lack of vouchers and school prayer.

It reflects the similarly titled "Ongoing gun violence" thread title, in which similar stories are posted on gun violence. Would you like the thread titles changed?

Well there is no "ongoing knife violence" problem while there is undoubtedly an "ongoing gun violence" problem - at least if we're talking about widespread, recurring incidents.

I think it pretty perfectly sums up 94Deac's point - just getting word of the tragedy and a thread goes up comparing knife violence to gun violence with the intent of "framing" the gun rights issue.

It reflects the similarly titled "Ongoing gun violence" thread title, in which similar stories are posted on gun violence. Would you like the thread titles changed?

C'mon. Don't try to pretend that you aren't trying to take a sarcastic shot at it. Stand by your intentions.

C'mon. Don't try to pretend that you aren't trying to take a sarcastic shot at it. Stand by your intentions.

I have posted nothing, but the quotes and stories so far. I think this may be more about your personal misgivings than mine, if you're looking this far into it.

ETA: If you would like, however, I will add the "Pittsburgh School Incident" to the thread title.

Well nobody really gives a shit about ongoing knife violence so I doubt anybody would make this thread without an ulterior motive.

Back