• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Knife Violence / Pittsburgh School Incident

Well there is no "ongoing knife violence" problem while there is undoubtedly an "ongoing gun violence" problem - at least if we're talking about widespread, recurring incidents.

I think it pretty perfectly sums up 94Deac's point - just getting word of the tragedy and a thread goes up comparing knife violence to gun violence with the intent of "framing" the gun rights issue.

There was also this crazy mass-knifing in China last month - http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/asia/china-railway-attack/

I have posted nothing, but the quotes and stories so far. I think this may be more about your personal misgivings than mine, if you're looking this far into it.

ETA: If you would like, however, I will add the "Pittsburgh School Incident" to the thread title.

Okay man. You're pretty obviously being disingenuous but if it makes you happy, do what you want. It's pretty clear what your "subtle" intention was with the thread title and others see it as well. But again, it's not really the issue in light of what's happened.

Nice. I'm going to establish the NKA - National Knife Association - and make up a bunch of crazy shit about how I need to have knives to protect my very existential being.

It's the old "every time I piss on the floor, someone yells at me- that's why I use the bushes" argument. You should stay, though. We love the sinner- we hate the sin.

I don't understand the argument, you could post the article which is important news with a title Pittsburgh School Knife Incident. Instead you purposefully made an inflammatory title based off of ongoing gun violence thread title. It was by design not coincidence so you are either being an idiot or refuse to stand by your asinine beliefs.

... and this is why I don't normally post on the tunnels.

oh man, no. Don't do that.

Don't go getting your feelings hurt when people shoot you down, that goes with the territory. Stick to your guns and keep your sights on the target. You pulled the trigger on this discussion, so don't retreat - stand your ground.

I don't understand the argument, you could post the article which is important news with a title Pittsburgh School Knife Incident. Instead you purposefully made an inflammatory title based off of ongoing gun violence thread title. It was by design not coincidence so you are either being an idiot or refuse to stand by your asinine beliefs.

You make the assumptions about my beliefs, to which I have not posted anything. Feel free to look up my posting history to point in one direction or the other.

I was going to post the link afterwards that Townie posted, about the knifing in China, as well as the incident that reflected a knifing of 14 people at the small Lone Star Community College in Cypruss, Texas.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...mmunity-college-stabbing-court_n_3059854.html

I think it reflects a lot of mental issues and desensitization to violence in our US culture, that I was hoping people could stay on topic about.

But this managed to deteriorate into a silly name calling mob fest instead.

oh man, no. Don't do that.

Don't go getting your feelings hurt when people shoot you down, that goes with the territory. Stick to your guns and keep your sights on the target. You pulled the trigger on this discussion, so don't retreat - stand your ground.

LOL Internet name calling doesn't hurt my feelings. Just wish the thread wasn't derailed.

Are you serious Clark?

I'm gonna cite Occam's Razor and maintain that there is no way that was your intention. Particularly given the timestamps of your first post and when you could have posted other stories about it.

Just admit what you were doing and move on. Nobody cares one way or the other, but don't act like we're a bunch of idiots haha.

Back