• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

SC endorsements matter.

it's OK, they gave the NC highway patrol (but no other state employees) a big raise so they can deal with the crazies.

Except, of course, for the teacher raises and the bonuses that they gave to all state employees. But other than that, sure.

The only teachers that got a raise were beginning teachers. That bonus was pathetic.

Bonus is also not equal to a raise because it doesn't carry over to next year....but they "promise" a significant raise is at the top of their priority list for next year (and attempt to say it with a straight face).

We went from 43rd to 42nd in teacher pay! Small steps, people!

One good thing in the budget is that NC is finally going to single sales apportionment for corporate income and franchise tax

NC conservatives pointing at these increases as evidence of Republican support for teachers is like me washing the dishes once a month and telling people that my wife and I "share" the household chores. Strangers and dummies may be convinced, but anyone paying attention knows the truth, and it really pisses teachers and my wife off to lie about it.

NC conservatives pointing at these increases as evidence of Republican support for teachers is like me washing the dishes once a month and telling people that my wife and I "share" the household chores. Strangers and dummies may be convinced, but anyone paying attention knows the truth, and it really pisses teachers and my wife off to lie about it.

LOL! My wife gets pissed when I do that too!

http://nc-democracy.org/millionaire...ts-and-general-assembly-elites-get-new-power/

Section 3 of H-373 calls these slush funds “affiliated party committees,” but they are actually bank accounts completely controlled by one person – either the House Speaker, Senate President Pro Tem, or the House or Senate minority party leader. The bill says no money may be “expended except when authorized by the leader.”

Unlike a legislator’s campaign account, these new slush funds can accept limitless donations from lobbyists or corporations, even while the legislature is in session. Duke Energy, hog barons, gambling interests or a private contractor could pour money into a fund as a key bill is being debated. The money can be used to help elect or defeat candidates or for “daily operations” deemed relevant to the leader.

Cleaning up Raleigh!

12043032_466756270152348_8441706914976070467_n.jpg

I dunno where this goes, so here

LOLGOP ‏@LOLGOP 2m
.@NASA Why is the moon menstruating? We need to defund this. #tcot

Back