• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

If your "common-sense" solution to this problem involves you deciding who gets to go where based on their looks, then you're wrong. A trans person doesn't need to wear a dress or makeup to be who they are, and they don't need your approval.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

As if a person has to get fucking dressed up to take a piss. Just keep minding your business in the bathroom like you always have.

And yet just about 24 hours ago there was a video on this very thread where the cops were pulling someone who looked like a dude but proclaimed to be a woman out of a women's room.

Where? I saw a video of a woman who looked like a woman being pulled out of the bathroom by a cop.

which of course doesn't happen without HB2. We now essentially have a situation where transgenders can't use the bathroom without fear of being harassed or arrested. If they use the restroom they are supposed to under HB2 they are likely to be arrested because they don't look like they are in the right bathroom. But if they use the restroom they are supposed to under common sense they are violating the law and are liable to be arrested.

This is well-put and the thing that proponents of the bill can't seem to get straight.

This is well-put and the thing that proponents of the bill can't seem to get straight.

I don't think proponents care about how trans people feel.

For those who think I'm bkf jr., this is one issue where we disagree. My position is closer to Trump, who essentially said there was no need for this law. It's creating a ton of problems and needs to be completely scrapped pronto.

If your "common-sense" solution to this problem involves you deciding who gets to go where based on their looks, then you're wrong. A trans person doesn't need to wear a dress or makeup to be who they are, and they don't need your approval.

R.I.P. Affirmative Action. You had a good run.

Your Asian fetish pops up in the most random places.

I'm about to go into the women's room at o'hare and take a wicked shit

I'm still scratching my head over the complaint that the "national liberal media" is singling NC out, launching unfair attacks, and meddling in affairs that are not their concern when thats precisely what the GA is doing to Charlotte and has been doing to the state's urban areas the past two years.

Same reason why it's not "big government overreach" when they're in charge.

I'm interested in BKF's concept of sexual privacy in a bathroom. Is that actually a recognized "right" in the US?

Or is it just a social norm that has developed here?

If I'm using an enclosed stall in a multiple stall unisex bathroom, how is my "sexual privacy" violated if a straight or gay man/woman/transgender is using an adjacent enclosed stall? Have been in crowded men's rooms at NFL/MLB games when women came in to use the stalls. Initially felt mildly uncomfortable/annoyed, but none ever were gawking at guys using non-enclosed urinals. Also never thought women using stalls in men's rooms or little boys using the women's room with their moms was remotely crime worthy behavior.

Don't feel my rights are violated when public buildings have wheelchair accessible ramps and bathroom stalls. People can choose to avoid establishments with unisex bathrooms, coed schools, coed dorms, or coed floors within coed dorms if those things make them uncomfortable, so don't see how their rights are being violated.

I want far less stupid laws, not more. But the politicians just keep piling on more and more when they should be doing away with them.

0.3% of the adult population is transgender. is this correct? is this really a big issue

Back