• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Wow. I guess the reff missed the part where Republican passed voting laws were shot down by the feds ahead of the election because they targeted minorities with "surgical precision." We only had halfway decent voting (not progressive) because of court order.

Also, the durham precincts stayed open because they mysteriously had issues with telling people they'd already voted AND it was extended by the county board, which is Republican run.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Pat is stepping on every toe he can to try and hold on to power...it's not like he can go back to Charlotte. Better try and convince everyone that the election results can't be trusted so his buddies in the Legislature vote to hand over the election to him.

It's just unbelievable to me that they found voter fraud with absentee ballots. Whoever would have seen that coming?

Cooper has put together a transition team as McCrory continues to flail. McCrory's spokesman: "“Why is Roy Cooper so insistent on circumventing the electoral process and counting the votes of dead people and felons? Instead of insulting North Carolina voters, we intend to let the process work as it should to ensure that every legal vote is counted properly.”

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/po...-politics/article116322068.html#storylink=cpy

I hate that quote, and no surprise from Ricky Diaz. It's misleading regarding felons, who have all of their rights restored once they complete their sentences (including parole and probation)

I have no problem with McCrory waiting to concede until all votes are counted, but I think it's supremely cynical and fucked up that NCGOP are going around the state using local GOP party officials to file baseless protests. It sounds like they're not even bothering to show up to the county hearings to pursue their protests, which are in turn being dismissed. For example, filing a protest that someone may have registered and voted in 2 different places, but presenting no evidence that it's actually the same person (and not just 2 different John Smiths).

Clearly the only objective is to try to create a cloud over the election. To what end....I guess we'll see. Personally, despite the fact that all 100 county Boards of Election and the State Board of Elections are GOP-controlled, I don't see those boards looking kindly on this strategy (which is not exactly subtle), so I don't think he'll be successful there. Despite the fact it is led by a lying dick like Phil Berger and others, I also don't see the General Assembly putting itself out there to try to save McCrory. Too much political capital, even for the gerrymandered GA, and no real need since GOP has a veto-proof majority.

I have no problem with McCrory waiting to concede until all votes are counted, but I think it's supremely cynical and fucked up that NCGOP are going around the state using local GOP party officials to file baseless protests. It sounds like they're not even bothering to show up to the county hearings to pursue their protests, which are in turn being dismissed. For example, filing a protest that someone may have registered and voted in 2 different places, but presenting no evidence that it's actually the same person (and not just 2 different John Smiths).

Clearly the only objective is to try to create a cloud over the election. To what end....I guess we'll see. Personally, despite the fact that all 100 county Boards of Election and the State Board of Elections are GOP-controlled, I don't see those boards looking kindly on this strategy (which is not exactly subtle), so I don't think he'll be successful there. Despite the fact it is led by a lying dick like Phil Berger and others, I also don't see the General Assembly putting itself out there to try to save McCrory. Too much political capital, even for the gerrymandered GA, and no real need since GOP has a veto-proof majority.

I had a conversation with a 'pub lobbyist a few days ago about the election. His belief was there was no appetite whatsoever in the GA to save McCrory's ass in the way speculated in the Slate article.

I do think the General Assembly will use these protests as an excuse to try to crack down further on early voting and re-implement voter ID. Tim Moore basically indicated as much yesterday. So the desperation to keep North Carolinians from voting will continue.

The new lawsuit from the Civitas Institute seeking to throw out the ballots of 99,000 people who voted using same day registration is also totally fucked.

Not to be an alarmist, but it's hard not to see what the NCGOP is trying to do, together with everything that is happening on the federal level, and not feel concern for the future of democracy in our state and country.

Perfect example of strategy:

Watching State Board of Elections hearing this morning, actually seems like strategy of McCrory campaign is to try to get SBOE to declare a new election. Insane.

Can I get a photoshop of McCrory's head on here?

28it2tx.jpg

I don't say this lightly---Fuck Pat McCrory. He is the biggest possible piece of shit governor we could have ever asked for in North Carolina.

Back