• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Yup, it's definitely my fault.

It is because of folks like you. It matters not that young folks are more liberal if they just concentrate in a handful of metro areas. Especially if they do it with the ego of making a spectacle like that. If you truly love NC, but are leaving because its politics, you are either a coward, lazy, or both.

It is because of folks like you. It matters not that young folks are more liberal if they just concentrate in a handful of metro areas. Especially if they do it with the ego of making a spectacle like that. If you truly love NC, but are leaving because its politics, you are either a coward, lazy, or both.

Gotcha.

Being educated doesn't matter anymore. Facts don't matter anymore. Feelings matter. Nothing else does.

You can't have rational conversations about a man like Donald Trump, and a vice president like Mike Pence (who wants to defund PP, mandate funerals for fetuses, overturn Roe v. Wade, gay conversion therapy).

Not sure of the best place for this:

Doofus, was it you or your brother that said you didn't know anyone your age that was voting for Trump? If you, who were you having rational conversations with?

Doofus, was it you or your brother that said you didn't know anyone your age that was voting for Trump? If you, who were you having rational conversations with?

Not sure if I said it or not. I know of one person in what I would consider my group of friends from Wake that admitted they were voting Trump.

Everybody else I know voted Clinton or write-in for somebody else. Obviously this is just what they told me and they could have done differently.

Rumor du jour in Raleigh is that General Assembly will expand the NC Supreme Court by 2 seats, and McCrory will appoint 2 conservative judges on his way out the door, in order to restore a conservative majority on the Court following Mike Morgan's victory over Bob Edmunds.

Rumor du jour in Raleigh is that General Assembly will expand the NC Supreme Court by 2 seats, and McCrory will appoint 2 conservative judges on his way out the door, in order to restore a conservative majority on the Court following Mike Morgan's victory over Bob Edmunds.

One last toe stepping.

I saw somebody post that Cooper's margin is about the same as Hillary's popular vote margin divided by 50.

I haven't done the math myself, but that means Cooper won by a smaller margin than Hillary's edge with respect to the NC population.

Interesting article breaking down McCrory's loss. Cooper flipped 50 Mecklenburg Co. precincts that McCrory won in 2012. That is disasterous for him. Glad to see I-77 Toll Road also fucked him. He probably squeaks out a win without that debacle.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article113751839.html

He only won his own precinct by 16 votes, 877-861.

To be fair, he only won Mecklenburg by 3,000 votes in 2012. But he lost it by 135,000 votes in 2016. Amazing.

He only won his own precinct by 16 votes, 877-861.

To be fair, he only won Mecklenburg by 3,000 votes in 2012. But he lost it by 135,000 votes in 2016. Amazing.

I guess that's what happens when you say 'Fuck you, Charlotte' and sign legislation that says 'Fuck you, Charlotte', and then incessantly defend the fucking of Charlotte.

I guess that's what happens when you say 'Fuck you, Charlotte' and sign legislation that says 'Fuck you, Charlotte', and then incessantly defend the fucking of Charlotte.

Well, Clinton won the precinct by 8 points, so he did get some love from his neighbors.

Back