• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

I missed the whole tide pod thing. Was this big on the YouTubes or something? It seems like something olds heard about from a chain email.

It was never as big as made out to be. Sort of like the knockout game. It was absurd theater indicative of the poor judgement of the largest gun owning population in the developed world.

Conservatives love them some group think...especially if it's catchy and denigrates people younger than them.

Yeah, same state rep as the Tide Pod comment. Blames campaign staff for misunderstanding what her job is. Guess she can't read her own website or facebook page.

rtrn8.jpg

of all the problems facing North Carolina's schoolchildren, apparently not learning cursive is the one thing that GOP legislators are pissed about.

http://www.wcnc.com/article/news/nc-lawmakers-launch-cursive-lesson-investigation/275-532323526

What an astounding waste of time and energy.

This is the Honorable Pat Hurley who is deciding the best 21st century education for our children is spending hours drilling on cursive. Unsurprisingly, she represents Randleman, NC, home of the late unlamented BKF. She is nearly 80 years old. I'm sure she wants to Make America Great Again.

560.jpg

Those dadgum kids with their keyboards, how dare they not use fancy pencils. How do they expect to make it in the world if they can't hand scribe a calling card to leave at the washboard repair shop so their 3 hour pony ride wasn't wasted?

nobody uses cursive, nobody. what a total waste of time...

I use cursive when I write on the white board in class, but I assume my students can translate it. Or maybe there's an app that can translate it.

yeah, might as well not learn adding and subtracting, or the multiplication tables, because ... well ... we have calculators

Did you notice that you just wrote that without using cursive at all? 'Cause the rest of us did. What a dumb post.

I was talking about math. Sorry you didn't notice. Maybe I'll try to include a special alert for you next time.

funny thing is i can still write without using cursive. can you still do math without a calculator? i hope so, because most people do not use calculators daily or weekly (I don't think i have used one in months).

sorry, you voted for Trump. you might not be able to do math. apologies

of all the problems facing North Carolina's schoolchildren, apparently not learning cursive is the one thing that GOP legislators are pissed about.

http://www.wcnc.com/article/news/nc-lawmakers-launch-cursive-lesson-investigation/275-532323526

What an astounding waste of time and energy.

This is the Honorable Pat Hurley who is deciding the best 21st century education for our children is spending hours drilling on cursive. Unsurprisingly, she represents Randleman, NC, home of the late unlamented BKF. She is nearly 80 years old. I'm sure she wants to Make America Great Again.

560.jpg

I met this lady at an event about a year ago at the N.C. Zoo. She was...interesting. Her greatest concern was the low number of folks in the NCGA who don’t go to church or pray. She was excited the new Eastern N.C. rube wave had grown the ranks of the legislative bible studies.

Sailor is so dumb. It’s weird the things republicans care about just because.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/under-the-dome/article206055404.html

GOP state rep claims to be a registered nurse but is just a phlebotomist, gets scolded by nursing board. ooops.

Yeah, same state rep as the Tide Pod comment. Blames campaign staff for misunderstanding what her job is. Guess she can't read her own website or facebook page.

NC lawmaker: March for Our Lives speakers want to murder gun owners

Looks like she barely won in 2016. Her Dem challenger:

https://www.tessjudge.com/

Di...did this dude just compare learning cursive to learning a foundational mathematical concept?

Well, you know you can't understand the basics of composition without being able to connect your letters together.

Back