• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Today's news from Raleigh: McCrory says he won't carry out the welfare drug testing bill that he tried to veto and the Legislature passed over his veto. Berger issues statement saying McCrory is not following the NC constitution.

McCrory accuses High Point furniture manufacturers of trying to hire illegal immigrants (there's a business friendly play).

McCrory scrambles to get back on the right side of the education defunding debacle by claiming he's found some money to pay teachers who are already getting their masters, but admits he'll have to go back to the legislature for authority. Complains that the legislature should not have passed all that education policy as part of the budget. Tillis points out that he didn't hear any complaints from the governor when he was signing the budget.

I am not sure McCrory could make himself look more incompetent short of actually wearing clown shoes and dancing on the Capital steps.

sigh.

Mayor Pat is quickly learning that with veto-proof majorities in both the NC House and NC Senate, he is as weak a Governor as he was a Mayor.

unfortunately that majority is even more idiotic and regressive than he is. The only time he'll get overturned is when he doesn't fall in line with the far right wing nut jobs.

You said the guy was an empty suit. How is he an empty suit if he is publicly opposing what his party is demanding? It isn't his fault they can override his veto.

You said the guy was an empty suit. How is he an empty suit if he is publicly opposing what his party is demanding? It isn't his fault they can override his veto.

I think you've just defined what an empty suit is.

An empty suit to me is someone who just goes along with whatever his party pushes and has no opinions of his own.

If McCrory wasn't an empty suit, his party would follow him instead of overriding his veto.

I am not wed to the empty suit descriptor. We can go with any descriptor that captures his general state of being unwilling to stand up to the legislature then complaining impotently after he signs legislation; making stupid personnel moves; and generally managing to look incompetent about twice a week.

I voted for the guy. I thought anything would be better than Perdue. :rulz:

Republicans gonna Republican.

How did you all forget that?

Back